- I bought tickets to the Cowboys' preseason game on Saturday --- found them on Stubhub for about $30. I probably won't even sit in them since I just want to walk around that place and take it all in. I'll be gone by halftime.
- Can you believe all the Swine Flu stuff on TV. Half the population to be infected? Up to 90,000 deaths? Is the CDC the biggest fear-monger on the planet?
- Tony Romo seems troubled.
- Movie Ridiculousness: The bus jump over the uncompleted freeway in Speed.
- When I was a kid, all of us had to get some type of vaccinations that would scab over and cause a dime size scar that would last for 20 or 30 years. What was that?
- If you have HBO you must, and I mean must, watch the current edition or Real Sports which documents this gut wrenching event. Four athletes in the water after their boat overturns, and 46 hours later only one remained. He now talks about it.
- Faithful reader Justin emailed me to tell me he live is Cairo, Egypt and sent along this pic to prove that the Evil Empire even stretches to that land.
- Saw a phenomenon on Facebook yesterday: Every momma was posting a pic of their kid(s) as they headed off to the first day of school.
- Remember when no one knew how to upload a picture?
- Kids: Is the Cost vs. Benefit ratio really worth it?
- I think it's silly that a medical examiner, whose sole duty is to examine a body and determine the cause of death, can label his findings as "Homicide." I understand his conclusion of death by "bullet to the head" or "knife wound through the heart" (paraphrased) but to conclude another person did it "intentionally, knowingly or recklessly" seems a little far fetched in most cases.
- Sometimes this blog is hard to write. Sometimes it's not. I can't tell you how entertaining it would be if I could tell you everything.
- In case you wonder why we on the Left are still ecstatic that W is gone: I was reminded of this 17 seconds of gold.
- Everyday I walk by a Decatur office that has a "Don't Tax Me BHO" bumper sticker on the door. Makes me laugh.
- Is it a bad sign that 8 workers and two City of Decatur employees are staring into a deep construction hole on the street outside of my office this morning?
at 8:20 AM