- One of my all time favorites: The N Word
- This wreck in 2007 deserves a "where are they now" segment.
- Still shocking to me: The number of straight ticket voters in Wise County.
- I posted far more shocking pics when I didn't think anyone was reading.
- How quickly we forget. Newt Gingrich, who is making a bit of a Republican comeback, was having an affair while he was dogging Clinton for having an affair.
- A shocking google search about our Sheriff.
- Still one crazy site: Drag and drop the falling bikini girl.
- An Iraqi casualty from Boyd that I hope has not been forgotten.
- I used to be so much bolder with my pics.
- I still think the hanging of Saddam Hussein after a trial without a jury that did not allow him to even know the identity of his accusers, was barbaric.
- I hope all the people listed in this story still visit that young man's grave.
- This was pretty interesting: The Dallas Morning News got a hold of the "talking points" given out by the Dallas County Democratic party after the parties surprising landslide win in 2006.
- This won't interest many of you, but I went nuts watching the "where should Anna Nicole's body be buried" proceeding.
- The incident that made Lari Barager my nemesis.
- My ex secretary used to drive me insane.
- I regret this post.
- My best prediction ever was the worst moment for the Mavs ever.
- I ended up representing this guy and having the case dismissed once evidence (finally) came forth that he wasn't the driver.
- Jane McGarry gold.
- Hottest OU girl ever.
- I had forgotten that Fox tried to do it's own comedy show in 2007. (I researched it and found out it was cancelled after 13 episodes.)
- There's a Promiseland show that is the new Robert Tilton. They made me made about a week ago, and I remembered they made me mad in 2007.
- "White Chicks And Gang Signs"
- "Barron Green" explained.
- When I reprinted this Christmas flyer from Grace Baptist Church in 2006, which included the regretable phrase "invest in eternity", the comments exploded. (Back then they were unmoderated and I can't even bring myself to link back to them now.)
- Probably doesn't deserve to be here, but I was mad at Baylor after a
- Flashback to the Wise County road side stop scandal.
- loss to TCU.
- I once rated Wise County's all time greatest athletes.
- I took a picture of a local church's billboard and it became national news.
- I can't believe the video is still up of Tony Romo (before he went big time) making an appearance in a shocking youtube for a Denton bar.
- I still laugh at the Chris Hansen soundboard (direct link). I once had a girlfriend call me and when I answered, she just started firing off those audio clips. Very, very funny.
- 2007 "Hey, Now."
- Not that shocking, but when Todd Dodge was named the head football coach of UNT, I questioned whether that was really a better gig than the coach of Southlake Carroll.
- Wise County church billboard grammatical error.
- Me in high school.
- The worst Headline/Photo combo ever in the Messenger.
- Worst Frilly's error ever?
- "I'm a man! I'm 40! My favorite coach rant ever. (With bonus videos)
- A random post about a girl named Latoisha.
- Three teenagers die in Wise County wreck.
- Bad Messenger mistake.
- Why I needed a zoom lense on vacation
- Bridgeport Spillway opened in 2007 due to heavy rains.
- I searched "Bridgeport" and "Texas" on Flickr and this came up.
- Back in 2007, I ran a poll asking readers how old they were and their marital status.
- In 2007, I pointed out this 33 year old Texan who was #317 on Forbes list of richest Americans. I tried to find out what happened to him and could only determine that in 2008 he was now the #168th richest American due to his wealth increasing by another $1 billion. Where is he now?
- Still one of my favorite gals (above).
- Timely: Two years ago I posted a video of the OU Marching Band doing the "Thriller" dance.
- Art that I have hanging in my office.
- When I saved a Wise County turtle.
- When a Chico family was killed by a drunk driver who eventually was determined not to be drunk at all by the Tarrant County DA's office.
- I wonder what ever happened to the former Boyd football star who was in trouble.
- In 2007, when the DOW was a little above 12,500, I asked if anyone was nervous after it dropped 250 points in one day. If we weren't, we should have been.
- Still laugh about the pot bellied pig being put on my desk.
- Hottest girl ever from Decatur?
- I still shake my head at this crime in my neighborhood.
- A little long, but I reflected on how I almost single handedly cost Bridgeport a win over Decatur in high school football back in the day.
- My stadium fetish.
- I posted a pic of this piece of art once but didn't disclose that I own it.
- One of my favorite moments when I saw Santa walking down my street five years ago.
- When I got 51 comments on this post in 2005, I thought I had hit the big time. (And the subject matter still works to this day.)
- The famous Wise County Courthouse crab incident.
- When I found a video of a guy angry about his experience with the Walmart McDonalds.
- Craziest question I was ever asked in the Wise County Courthouse.
- My first pics of the "Nazi Van" which was always near the now illegal camera in Rhome that took pics of speeders.
- The sappiest movie quote that I love.
- Hey, now. (Circa 2007)
- I questioned the Drudge Report on a story and I turned out to be wrong.
- Wow, I got a little sappy
- Two guys doing the Charlie Brown Christmas Special dance that I thought was funny but no one else did.
- A Bridgeport tragedy
- Funny video of Bridgeport mom being run over by Pee Wee football team.
- When the City of Decatur moved around Christmas decorations after a blog post.
I'll be out of pocket all this week, but there's no need to get out your dress blues. If everything works correctly, each morning around 8:15 a.m. you'll automatically receive a "Best Of" post from random entries from 2006 and 2007. Will they be that good? Naaaaa. But they got my attention as I cruised down memory lane as I put it together. (Which was an extreme beating.) I rarely say thanks for reading but, hey, thanks for reading. But while you guys work all week, rest assured I'm relaxing on a beach (or in a Mexican prison because of a little problem getting through customs.) Either way, it'll be an all-inclusive stay.
at 12:01 PM