- Denny Crane reported last night that the Decatur school board voted 4 to 3 to not install artificial turf at the football stadium.
- Man, you guys were acting crazy yesterday in the comments. Wore me out.
- Remind me to focus on more "Afternoon Pick Me Ups." That tends to bring us together as one. I'm a uniter, not a divider.
- The craziest story yesterday (and all over the news this morning) of a 29 year old lady discovered after having gone missing since she was kidnapped at age 11. If you haven't read the story in the link, you'll be stunned. And the nut job abductor had a blog.
- I've always been moved from by a scene in Midnight Express where one incarcerated character talks about how some people are simply defective. "You see we all come from a factory. Sometimes the factory makes bad machines that don't work. They put them here. The bad machines don't know they're bad machines . . . ."
- I was Jonesin' for football last night so much that I tried to find the only game being broadcast: Abilene Christian. Did you know ACU has a freshman player enrolled from Boyd who is listed at 5'9" and 260 pounds?
- Isn't it wild how Google has become one of the biggest companies in the world without, the best I can tell, spending a dime on advertising?
- Yesterday, USC announced that an 18 year old freshman will start at quarterback (pic). At 18, I couldn't have quarterbacked at Chico if I had been a "held back" senior. And if I could have, I would have been scared to death. But this kid is in charge of one of the most storied programs in the country.
- There was a wrong way driving in Fort Worth last night on 121/Airport Freeway. The driver, and no one else, is dead of death.
- My "This Guy Is A Spare Dallas Cowboy" proclamation: WR Roy Williams.
- George Bush is a forgotten man.
- No matter who you are, after your funeral you'll only be remembered by a handful of people.
- My "front room/back room" post about Mattie's and the O.J. Simpson verdict gave rise to some interesting comments. But I still want to be in the back room. Nothing makes my heart race as much as real "breaking news" that will become part of history.
- The courthouse flag remained at full staff yesterday. About five years ago, the Sheriff's office lowered its flags to half staff when its drug-sniffing dog died.
at 7:45 AM