- Did the Russians hack the election with Trump's knowledge? And he revealed once again how dumb he is this morning in a nonsensical tweet where he acknowledges the hack:
- "Parker County grand jury declines to indict Weatherford attorney Matthew McConahay on sexual misconduct with a former client."
- Mineola won a football state championship yesterday. Many, many years ago a buddy and I went there and bought about 30 Christmas trees with the concept of selling them door to door in Trophy Club. We tried. It was a miserable failure. We sold zero.
- If you watch any of the Dylan Roof videos (he was convicted yesterday) you'll be horrified. How does a kid so young become so full hate and racism? Side note: The prosecutor in the case is the same guy who prosecuted Susan Smith who drowned her kids.
- How your relationship changes with your children (or, in my case, my fake kids -- a funny name I use instead of saying "stepchildren") as they grow older and wittier is really amazing.
- Mrs. LL and I still have a 22 pound cat that she found in a pond. He's named "Ponder." And the fattest cat in the history of ever.
- Syria is President Obama's biggest failure. He really made a push to intervene about two years ago and then abandoned the concept. It would have been much more worthy of invading than Iraq or Afghanistan.
- WHAT?: "Wise County commissioners approved Monday spending $25,020 to create a K9 training facility in order to host the United States Police K-9 Association (USPCA) regional trials and certification."
- Syracuse broke a 99 year old cold record this morning checking in at -2.
- I reference the Mark Davis Show all the time. Check out this picture of the staff of his talk show station, The Answer, and their companion Christian station KLTY. What's missing?:
- This was yesterday at the Death Star. That's quality comedy. (Look at the team name and the sign):
- Baylor's women basketball team won a game yesterday 140-32. If Mrs. LL ever divorces me, I'm marrying Kim Mulkey.
- Those uniforms last night:
- Finally I have proof of an embedded ad. Yesterday on The Ticket's Hardline, Corby Davidson began a segment saying, "We were all commissioned to see a movie, Office Party . . . . "
at 8:34 AM
A State Trooper was arrested Friday after authorities found out he was pulling women over to ask them on dates, The Associated Press reports.
New Jersey state police were alerted to Marquice Prather's activity after several women complained. Prather allegedly turned off his wireless microphones after targeting women between the ages of 20 and 35, and asking them for their phone numbers during stops.
Prather is being charged with falsifying and tampering with public records to cover up his behavior.
He has been suspended without pay.
at 10:30 AM
- Christmas Vacation gets better with age.
- Mrs. LL screwed up plane reservations last night. I woke up this morning to see her on the phone to American Airlines at 6:30 a.m. (That gave me great joy.)
- Try to buy Advil Cold & Sinus with a driver's license that doesn't match your Walmart neighborhood. You'll be treated like Walter White of Breaking Bad. I got close to saying, "Say my name."
- How did this get by me: Police officer "Patrick Tuter fired a total of 41 shots at an unarmed suspect, Michael Allen, in the Mesquite neighborhood where the chase ended in August 2012." 41? He's on trial right now.
- Trump is at it again this morning. (Remember that he will have the nuclear codes.) All of you guys Own Him.
- And he still can't spell:
- I'm not sure how I loved Star Trek but have never had a moment's of interest in Star Wars or any of its many sequels.
- The new Baylor coach is quietly hiring major high school football coaches from across the state. That gives me great hope.
- Mrs. LL saw a transaction fraud on Amazon. (An X-Box.) Their customer service was fantastic.
- Baby, I'ts Cold Outside is a little creepy when you think about it.
- Can we move to a different planet?:
- Wow: "The city of Corpus Christi urged residents late Wednesday night to not drink or use its tap water because of possible chemical contamination and Corpus Christi schools canceled classes Thursday."
at 8:38 AM
- Muhammad Ali
- David Bowie
- Fidel Castro
- The great Patty Duke
- John Glenn
- Florence Henderson
- The great Harper Lee
- Arnold Palmer
- Nancy Reagan
- Janet Reno
- Antonin Scalia (who, it might surprise you, I respect to no end)
- Pat Summit
- Gene Wilder
Edit: Based upon the comments, this list is highly inadequate. I'll update it.
Edit: I can't believe I missed these:
Edit: I can't believe I missed these:
- Glenn Frey (Greatness, even though I hate the Eagles)
- Garry Marshall
- Morley Safer (double greatness)
- Merle Haggard
- George Kennedy
- Alan Rickman (Greatest villain in the history of ever)
- Natalie Cole
- And my most notable oversight: Harambe. #NeverForget
at 9:10 AM
- Alan Thicke has died. (I'll do a post in a couple of hours of everyone who has died this year. 2016 might be the worst year in the history of ever.)
- There were low flying planes over Manhattan last night freaking everyone out. Remember I mentioned "rumbling" over the metroplex a few days back?
- The worst weatherman in DFW history is trolling us this morning:
- I'm in charge of the outdoor Christmas lights. Mrs. LL is in charge of the indoors. I went to bed early as she (finally - sorry, babe) got on it last night. She woke me up with, "That kid won't get off SnapChat!" as she tried to have a memorable evening with Eighth Grader in the House.
- One odd thing is that my friends call me "BG". I don't know how that started.
- Baylor plays at Duke in football next year. I might put that on my bucket list. It's not a football school, but I'd love to see North Carolina's basketball arena and then travel up "Tobacco Road" to Duke. I'm guessing both campuses are top notch.
- When I come up with ideas like that Mrs. LL yells, "Yes! Yes! Yes!" (Mark.)
- "Christmas in the Lone Star state has no greater defender than Attorney General Ken Paxton. So when he read my column about a middle school in Killeen that tried to censor the true meaning of Christmas, he decided it was time to jingle somebody’s bells." Paxton is a moron. Replace it with a Muslim prayer and how do you feel?
- One of the weirdest sports stories of the year is Wake Forest's radio guy leaking plays to opponents. Gambling motive?
- Every day - several times, mind you - I stop down and remember Trump was elected as President of the United States of America.
at 8:36 AM
- I'm feeling better. Not perfect. But better. (But staying in bed all day with the puppy dogs might be one of life's greatest joys.)
- I'm not sure I've ever seen fog as thick as it was this morning.
- So Trump selects an oil baron and Pro-Russian Secretary of State?
- And he chooses Rick Perry as the head of the Department of Energy - a department he wanted to eliminate and couldn't remember during a debate? This is fine.
- Lane Kiffin takes a job at FAU and abandons his position as offensive coordinator at Alabama. I don't understand that.
- And you guys think I can't spell:
- And again:
- When Trump holds his first press conference (if he ever does) it will be brutal. Smart people firing questions at him will be can't miss TV. (He said he would hold one this month but has "postponed" it until January.)
- What did I just see?
- I've got the Army-Navy game on my bucket list. And Notre Dame.
- Sports news:
- I said a couple of months ago, why can't the F-35s fly themselves based upon the cost? . . .
at 8:32 AM
- I'm sick for the first time in a long time. If the following doesn't make sense anymore than usual, I blame it on that. And Mrs. LL. (Although most of it was pre-written over the weekend)
- Parker County has a nativity seen on the courthouse lawn. You guys understand that's illegal, right? (I had a buddy take a photo of it but he didn't send it to me as requested. A guy who ironically asked me last week, "You have buddies?")
- I assume this is real. I hope it is:
- I can't recommend Black Mirror enough. Think about this concept: Tiny drones which look like bees, can duplicate themselves with a 3D printer, have facial recognition software,,and are controlled by social media.
- Rudy Giuliani "withdrew" his name from Secretary of State contention late Friday. Translated: He got played by Trump and was trying to save face. As did Chris Christie.
- When Trump makes me hopeful:
- When Trump reminds me he is a moron:
- And we should all be scared to death about his thin skin:
- Our governor, in response to reports that the Russians have been hacking the election, said, "Aww shucks. It happens all the time." Edit: I must be sick
- Wells Fargo keeps making news because of its crooked conduct. They might want to be careful or they will become the next Countrywide.
- Worth your time:
- Now to bed.
at 8:43 AM