- The far right embarrassed itself with attacks on Ted Kennedy yesterday. Twenty-four hours of respect doesn't seem like too much to ask for, right? You guys are beginning to scare us.
- At the height of conservatism, Kennedy was smart enough not to say a word during the "high tech lynching" of Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas even though he sat on the Judiciary Committee.
- I heard from a very reliable source that the Bridgeport girls caught in the awning collapse were not jogging by the building but instead had been dropped off in front of it. Not that that's a big deal.
- Fox 4 News, which treats Wise County better than any other station, dropped the ball on Tuesday when they failed to cover the teenager's death on its 5 or 6 o'clock news. It made up for it last night with a retrospect.
- And Channel 8 interviewed the buildings owner Norris and Joyce Cheeves. The station also covered a preliminary memorial service and I'm pretty sure I heard a song from Rent in the background.
- A longtime Bridgeport resident was convicted of misdemeanor assault in the courthouse yesterday. I don't think he helped his cause when he testified that he was the one who was actually assaulted but didn't call the cops because, "I don't like cops. Cops are stupid."
- I got a tip that Messenger sports reporter Robert Morgan is no longer with the paper. That would be shocking and even more shocking on the eve of football season.
- A buddy emailed me the AP Texas Top 10 Football Preseason Poll the other day. I didn't see the name of a single Wise County school. (I'm sure the link is out there somewhere - just trust me on this one.)
- Uh, oh. I found this TexasHSFootball.com poll that lists Decatur at #38 but fails to list Bridgeport.
- And the same web site believes Boyd as the 8th best team in the State.
- The Swine Flu number at TCU is up to 80? (I swore I heard that on WBAP this morning.) Edit: It's actually 88.
- I thought I had a pretty funny line a couple of weeks ago when I said I wanted to be on one of those "death panels" because "I'm a pretty good decision maker." But I got nothing.
- I'm guessing that Texas will be of a Democrat majority in, oh, nine years. I've preached it for years: It's not about politics, it's about demographics.
- You can't believe some of the comments I don't post, and I can't believe the number of cowards that send me anonymous attack emails via the comments. Come on, send me an email with your name on it.
at 8:17 AM