Your favorite blog is currently taking a short break while Barry is under the weather. He's fine and will update very soon. In the meantime check out those approved inferior blogs he's linked on the right.
- Hey, now.
- There can, and often will be, a driver's license suspension after a DWI. You can fight it, but it is very hard to win. In the past, the hearings for Wise County arrests used to be in Fort Worth. Now they are in Denton. But "the government"actually called me if I thought the change was appropriate. I said yes. (My friends in the Fort Worth office acted like they would miss me.)
- The greatest part yesterday, for my first hearing there, was when I was roaming around the fourth floor of the Denton County Courthouse looking for the right room and a DPS Trooper directed me as to where to go. (I later pointed out to the judge about his kindness.)
- I hate new routines. I am a man of routines.
- Cruz will win Wisconsin. 100% guarantee. But that doesn't mean Trump won't win in the end.
- There's a foundation repair ad on The Ticket which says that their fee is low that "their lawyer" won't let them say it. STAY AWAY! The dishonesty is shocking.
- The end of the NCAA Championship game last night will be remembered for years.
- "SOUTHLAKE - Juan Jesus Guerrero Chapa, the lawyer fatally shot in Southlake in 2013, acted as the 'de facto head' of a Mexican drug cartel, was running 'a large criminal enterprise,' attorneys for one of the men charged in Guerrero’s death allege in a new court filing."
- I got my annual letter from the Texas State Bar that read "Urgent. Official Ballot Enclosed" for the election of the President of the State Bar of Texas. Dear State Bar: Whomever is elected has no power and I don't care. There is nothing "Urgent" about it.
- I have never seen "One Shining Moment" at the end of the game. I move on.
- It is confusing that men's NCAA games are the only one which doesn't have quarters.
at 8:43 AM
- I know someone who will be pleased with this pic: Bacon.
- Dear Sweet The Ticket: Two straight segments on hockey on Friday during Bob and Dan? That has to be paid for and mandated by management. And an absolute way to kill your station. "Cumulus - The Power of Radio."
- I had a refrigerator delivered and they took out the old and put in the new in about five minutes. They charged me $15 to take away the old one. Guys, I would have paid $150. Or more.
- I could stare at Lake Bridgeport forever
- So what is up with that new "Majestic" sign on the Wise County square?
- I've got into a habit of taking The Family Pups to work on Friday and it makes the office incredibly happy.
- A local attorney, who refers to himself as "The Decatur Hammer" (comedy), reminded me of an event in my life almost 20 years ago. I was leaving Colonial Country Club during the tournament with two buddies in the car. My phone rang and my VERY high tone girlfriend chewed me out for some reason. I then hung up and began talking about how much I really despised her. After five minutes one of my buddies looked down at my phone and points. I had not hung up. The phone was still on. Oh, my! I picked it up and meekly, praying that she had hung up, and said, "Honey? Baby?" I then hear, "UH HUH!" Man, I paid for that.
- If I lose as running as an Independent, I might search for something else -- in two years. Right out of House of Cards.
- This is Opening Day and probably the only day I will care about baseball.
- It begins: "Charges dismissed against dozens of Waco bikers, lawyer says." The DA implies that he is simply going to refine the charges but I bet this is the beginning of the end. You can "amend" an indictment without dismissing it. Or maybe he isn't smart enough to know that. This will be a disaster.
- Baylor has announced a home and home with BYU a few years out. I told Mrs. LL, "Darlin' we are going to Utah!"
- My goal in life is to live it in incognito. I went to Lowe's this weekend and a sweet clerk looked at me and said, "Oh, you are back!" And I had a cap and glasses on.
- Early last Friday morning Cumulus ran three ads in 20 minutes on The Ticket to convince us that radio is thriving and perfect for advertising. That means they couldn't find anyone to buy those spots.
- I winked at someone on Friday. I never wink.
- Trump will not rule out running as a third party candidate. Game. Changer.
- Mrs. LL went out in the kayak this weekend . . . and then dropped her phone in the lake.
- There is no way Amtrak has lost over a billion dollars for five straight years. Those numbers cannot be right.
- Over 100,000? Idiocracy . . .
at 8:39 AM