- Back in the hotel. Managed to get home in time to watch the end of the Texas - Ohio State game in hotel bar. Good times.
- In said establishment we're a bunch of 50+ year old Cowboy fans actually wearing Cowboy jerseys. But they seemed well spoken, albeit loudly well spoken, and well groomed. The leader of the bunch had a Bob Lilly jersey on and wouldn't shut up about the virtues of Bob Lilly. I thought about killing him.
- Walked down to the Jacksonville Station to get some food only to find out that all the food court places were closed. However, a dance club, a popular one, was in full gear so I got to watch a bunch of folks walk towards it dressed to kill. Triple good times.
- The Riverwalk here on the St. John's is spectacular. But it may be the break up capital of the world. Along the way I saw the following people on a cell phone: (1) One 50 year old guy saying, "I think you should go to sleep and we'll talk about it in the morning," and (2) a pretty hip black guy saying, "Baby, people just grow apart."
- I thought there was an excellent chance that the Cowboys would be staying here. It's close to the stadium and pretty nice. So far, I haven't seen Bill Parcells' belly in the elevator.
Random thoughts as I wait for the game to begin
- I'm rather high up - you couldn't find a ticket from.a scalper (I got mine earlier through stubhub.com) - I should have invested in short denim skirts because every girl.has one on - I've got 'hollaback girl' blaring in my ear - this part of florida is beautiful - on the way here I saw a 'Men Of God Car Sales' business - And don't think I'm not po'd about UT and Ohio State playing while I'm here - typing on a phone is hard (even with a little keypad)
Land. Sweet land.
At the time of this post, the plane still hasn't pulled away from the gate. Departure time was to be at 1:10 . Uh, that's not working out to well. The captain said we were waiting on some 'routine maintenance paperwork.'
I hope somebody initials a form very soon. I've already got Tired Butt.
- WiFi access is nerdy, but cool.
- Security is a breeze (seems better than ever)
- I still feel stupid taking off my shoes and belt and walking a few feet
- What's a man gotta do to find a chicken sandwich in this place?
- People in the next gate over are going to LaGuardia in New York. Sounds cool.
- There's a 50 year old lady that looks 60 sleeping in a "massage recliner" in front of me. She's supposed to put in $5.00 but I think she just commandeered it free of charge.
- I was able to access my desktop computer in my office via gotomypc.com (I subscribe). That's very cool. But I'm locked out of my database and my (normally wonderful) secretary won't answer my email.