Our society values (1) looks, (2) fame and (3) money. Paris has absolutely nothing else to offer - and it gets her on the cover of an international magazine.
- The Rolling Stones are scary
- Freddie Prinze, Jr. was very annoying as the MC
- Michelle Branch is good looking
- Ozzy Osbourne might have died before his performance
- The presentation of the Patriot's championship banner was very, very cool
- The odd look on the players' faces after they ran out onto the field and stood around while Ozzy sang "Crazy Train" was pretty funny
- Trisha Yearwood has been eating a few chicken fried steaks
- The Patriots owner was cheered wildly when introduced
- And now I have to be beaten down by John Madden
Update: The Patriot Cheerleaders have just won the "I Just Dropped My Glass and Stared Award" for the skimpiest (sp?) outfits I have ever seen.
- Happy Endings - a smart comedy with Lisa Kudrow, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Tom Arnold.
- My Date With Drew - a dumb documentary about a guy who tries to get a date with Drew Barrymore
- Mysterious Skin - probably one of the most bizarre movies I've ever seen
- March of the Penguins - I never dreamed it would be any good - but it really was.
- Texas Ranger Michael Young is leading the American League in batting average at .326
- I think freshman UT running back Jamaal Charles (135 yards on 14 carries again a bad Louisiana-Lafayette team) is going to be a stud
- Last week two guys caught a 244 pound alligator gar in Sam Rayburn Lake
- The Denver Broncos cut former OU star tailback Quentin Griffin.