Not what you want to see heading towards you. pic.twitter.com/yVcGSEhG5L— Car Crash TV (@Crashingtv) March 23, 2017
- Rick Perry, in a Houston Chronicle op-ed piece, questioned the legitimacy of the election that gave Aggieland its first openly gay student body president. As new Energy Secretary, you'd think he'd spend his time learning about the Department of Energy instead.
- Texas Tech's new football practice facility, under construction, caught fire yesterday. It looked worse than it was.
- If you think House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes said that Trump was intentionally spied on, you might want to read what he said.
- Jumping off Rufe Snow Drive bridge onto 820 sounds like a horrible way to commit suicide (not that there is any good way.)
- Wow. The Baylor case that started the entire scandal.
- "The geographic size of a country means nothing." - Dennis Prager yesterday. Sheesh. I can think of a handful of reasons.
- Both Channel 8 and WBAP did quick stories about students "protesting" about the resignation of a coach in Cleburne. Neither report threw in a sentence to explain why he resigned.
- Trump gave an interview to Time magazine:
- June Bugs are active little things once they get going. But it makes the Family Cat happy if one sneaks in.
- It looks like the Wise County Courthouse is getting a new Texas Historical Marker but it's covered up right now on the East lawn. Anyone know what it is about?
- "As opposed to the state having to take multiple rifle-shot approaches at overriding local regulations, I think a broad-based law by the state of Texas that says across the board, the state is going to pre-empt local regulations, is a superior approach." - Gov. Greg Abbott. That is a bizarre statement.
- Let's check in on the gallery at the legislature.
- Supreme Court nominee Gorsuch handles himself very well. He's almost more like a politician than a judge. (I read yesterday that he would be the first Supreme Court Justice ever from a state that did not border the coast. True?)
- Mrs. LL misplaced her car keys at a softball practice. The car was running and locked.
- No way TrumpCare passes. How the GOP didn't have its ducks in a row is amazing.
- Good for TCU to get to the NIT Final Four. It's a stepping stone for a team that has been beyond awful in the Big 12.
- The boys on The Ticket talked about this this morning: I-35 down to Austin has been under construction all our lives.
- WBAP's Brian Estridge claims in an ad to have lost 16 pounds in one week on a weight loss program.
- Chuck Barris of The Gong Show has died. As a kid I remember watching that show with the biggest smile on my face and the biggest question mark floating over my head.
- MADD posted on Twitter a Teddy Bear for $35 which would be donated to young victims. I asked them how much they made off of each unit. They replied they didn't know because they didn't know the cost of the Teddy Bear yet. Uh. Say what?
- There was a police chase in Dallas this morning where they eventually fired tear case into his car and still didn't get out.
- And another:
- I don't think that coat of green dust on my car is a good sign for my allergies.
- Gas is cheap and has been cheap for a long time.
- "TEA PARTY – Bridgeport Parks and Recreation is having its third annual Mother-Daughter Tea Party 1-3 p.m. Sunday. The theme is 'The Candy Shop.'” I hope that's not a 50 Cent theme.
- Anyone seen Melania Trump lately?
- This one is a little short today because, frankly, there doesn't seem to be that much going on.
at 8:34 AM
And the case is out of Birdville in the metroplex.
This has Supreme Court written all over it. (As the Trump nominee begins his confirmation hearings today.)
at 1:13 PM
- Satan is anti-bullying?:
- Ken Paxton sending a letter to Frisco ISD about a "Muslim room" (a room which is open for all students for prayer) is beyond weird.
- UT not going to a bowl game in football and not even qualifying for the NCAA or NIT in basketball is truly amazing.
- Let's check in on the President this morning:
- What prompted that? CNN reporting about a Gallop poll:
- I have no idea why I follow this guy on Twitter and I don't know who he is, but when I saw this last week I decided he is one miserable human being. Tough guy.
- Chuck Berry has died and Back To The Future kept popping into my head.
- Tom Brady's stolen Super Bowl jersey has been recovered from an unnamed media member. Our long national nightmare is over.
at 1:45 PM
- Former UT quarterback David Ash, who quit the game in 2014 due to concussions, has been cleared to try out for the NFL. I think someone needs to send him through the concussion protocol right now.
- For some reason I looked up and saw Days of Our Lives on TV. There are characters on there who were on the show when I was in high school.
- The legislature is close to outlawing texting while driving. It's stupid to text and drive but I don't know how you enforce it. What if you were just looking at GPS? But look at this unintended consequence: The police, if they had probable cause to believe you were texting and driving, could seize your phone for a search of it.
- Trump seconds ago. (We are all going to die.):
- The Eighth Grader in the House has discovered that surgery causes pain.
- I've never explored the LBJ Grasslands, and I'm ashamed to admit it.
- I watched the early Channel 8 morning news show. The forced happiness makes it unbearable.
- I've bought so much Advil Cold & Sinus this Spring (over the counter but you have to go through the pharmacist to get to it and show your driver's license) that I think DPS probably has me registered as a meth dealer.
- An apartment complex under construction in downtown Raleigh, NC is gone due to a massive fire last night:
- Odd Star-Telegram headline:
- The leaderboard in the Pick 'Em Tourney:
- BagOfNothing wrote something yesterday that I 100% agree with. I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to watch emotional shows like This Is Us. I've lived through that crap. I don't want to re-live it.
at 8:37 AM