- Two Cowboys coaches are suing the firms behind the design and construction of the Cowboys practice facility that collapsed last May. Their lawyer, famous PI lawyer Frank Branson, said "the jury might want to send a message to corporate America that you can't put profit over safety." Good grief, that's a tired old line.
- Most of my friends don't understand why I'm so anti-lawsuit. I think it's just that I have a problem with anyone, whether it be the State in a criminal case, a Plaintiff in a civil case, or the man on the street pointing a finger and telling someone else they are a "bad person." I always want to see the sins of the guy pointing the finger first.
- If you saw the Ranger's win over the Yankees last night (10-9), you were certain they were going to blow it. (In the 9th inning they gave up 4 runs and were looking at runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs.)
- Ted Kennedy died last night. Will the haters show a little respect and not mention "Chappaquiddick" today? Not a chance.
- We grew tired of the Swine Flu in a hurry. If we had heard news last Spring that ten TCU students had contracted the disease, we would have shut down all of North Texas.
- Why are former Evil Empire players so weird?: Roy Williams, Vince Young, Cedric Benson, Ricky Williams? Edit: Add Colt McCoy to the list. He has a porn star mustache!
- The tragedy in Bridgeport happened at the worst time for the Messenger which certainly had their Wednesday paper finalized and ready to be printed. But they scrambled and managed to get the news on today's front page.
- Speaking of the tragedy, it helps confirm my belief that things simply "happen" on Earth and that everything is not pre-determined by God. Certainly God didn't decide to take that child home like that, did He?
- And that event is certainly going to rock Bridgeport High School. And considering the death of Officer White earlier this year, hasn't Bridgeport had a horrific 2009?
- KXAS allows you to "rate your emotions" in connection with news stories. (Sheesh.) The leaders for the Bridgeport story? 86% for "sad" and 14% for "angry."
at 8:18 AM