- Family court judge in Tarrant County arrested for DWI.
- I heard a rumor about the Wise County Domestic Abuse Task Force is in a little upheaval over a pedicure. Or the payment for a pedicure(s).
- The State of the Union is tonight. Beat. Ing. (And I don't care who is in office.)
- Viral video of day yesterday: Church singer.
- Mrs. LL has come to the realization that the Oldest Girl In The House will be in high school next year. If I could just sit back and watch, I bet this would be entertaining. Instead, based upon countless advice, I'm building a bunker.
- The Evil Empire extended Mack Brown's contract by five years yesterday now making it a nine year deal. ($5.2 million per year.)
- Dirk Nowitzki ($19 million a year) is going to sit four games so he can get in shape? Talk about climbing Everest with no real desire to go back again.
- Mitt Romney ($45 million over the last two years) said last night in the debate that the key to illegal immigration is "self-deportation." That's not the way to cuddle up the The Right.
- Oscar nominations announced this morning. Best Picture: "The Artist," "War Horse," "Moneyball," "The Descendants," "The Tree of Life," "Midnight in Paris," "The Help," "Hugo" and "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close." I've seen none of them.
- Our Wise County Solicitation of Capital Murder Lady took a deal for 21 years yesterday. I noticed the Update said she'd have to serve at least half her term. (For you legal gurus out there: Does criminal solicitation under 15.03 of a 3g offense invoke the maximum parole law? Edit: I know there was a case that ruled on parole eligibility when a person is convicted of an attempt to commit a 3g offense, but 15.03 seems like a stand alone offense. )
- And the 70 year old dope guy who was convicted last
yearweek got a 30 year sentence. (The Update says he'll become eligible parole after serving 1/4 of his sentence. That's wrong, but it's a mistake I see from lots of people. )
- And a sad contrast in the death notices in the Update: A 101 year old and a 9 month old.
- Why hasn't that price of natural gas (see chart on front page below) not hurt Devon?
at 8:38 AM