- Watching any of the NFL pregame shows is torture, but one of them yesterday included a badly prepared, taped and spliced interview with the "Etrade baby". Idiocracy?
- After seeing former Cowboys kicker Billy Cundiff miss the game tying field goal for the Ravens yesterday, I said out loud: "Who would want to be a kicker?" Seriously. You think he had a good flight with the team back to Baltimore?
- I mentioned a month or so ago that some people were writing that Joe Paterno would die soon. No question your spirit impacts your health.
- After getting killed in South Carolina, I bet Mitt Romney goes on the attack against Newt in Florida. I also bet that will not serve him well. (And we'll get to find out tonight after yet another debate tonight.)
- If you didn't catch President Obama sing a verse of an Al Green hit last week while at the Apollo Theater, you have to. And if you can't smile about that, your hatred for the guy is blinding you.
- There are currently 923 active drilling rigs in Texas. Six are in Wise County.
- A 46 year old Sansom Park woman was found dead in her in-home tanning bed yesterday. I don't think that's what they meant by "tanning can kill you."
- Over the weekend, Mrs.LL were in the presence of two guys arguing over who was a bigger baseball fan. She then called them out by asking who the new Rangers pitcher from Japan was. Neither knew it was Yu Darvish.
- But she had a memory crutch because she had spent the day singing "Youuuuu!" from Crank That (Soulja Boy) that every local sports talk station has turned into a drop when Darvish was signed.
- I've made reference to Colin Jones (Bridgeport/TCU/49ers) for years and the Messenger has ignored him. Now they are going overboard with a the special teams player being the subject of a a front page story over the weekend, a tweet yesterday, and in the Update today.
- Going back to 127 Hours that I saw last weekend, a scene that was really moving to me was when the family out hiking ran, without delay, to help the hiker upon seeing him in distress. I don't know what that choked me up so much.
- Just glanced at Facebook post from a Wise County resident which said: "If you believe in the 2nd Amendment, and you are not afraid to show it, re-post this!!!" Stop. Doing. This.
- Bridgeport folks: There's a death announcement of Mack Adams, 50, in the Update.
at 8:35 AM