- A T-shirt slogan that the Evil Empire might want to rethink.
- I was the good hubby yesterday -- took Mrs. LL to the doctor because of her wrists, picked up a kid in Roanoke, bought birthday gifts, attended a birthday party, and made a mad dash to the pharmacist to pick up meds for Mrs. LL (that I had to pay out of pocket until workman's comp gets straightened out -- man, do we need health care reform!!!!) And I dropped the 7th grader off at school today at 6:30 a.m. for some tryout and the 2nd grader has a school play tonight. To all of you that have done stuff like that for years, Sirs and Ma'ams, I salute you. But there's some weird satisfaction to it, isn't there?
- The Messenger did make reference to the fight that broke out in the Decatur Eagle football game on Friday night. It referred to it as a third quarter "ugly brawl" that caused "several" players to be ejected and delayed the game for 10 minutes. That sounds like quite the melee.
- A Carnival Cruise Liner with about 3,300 passengers is dead in the water off the coast of Mexico.
- Wow, AnObiter turned on MzChief. Hey, her Scorched Earth Policy is always welcomed here.
- For the record, the local CBS TV affiliate was the first one to break the Wade Phillips firing news. ESPN waited a full hour and then credited it's own reporter Ed Werder.
- Pregnant lady bikini contest. My eyes!!! They're burning!!!
- Sorry I screwed up the link to the Bush's-Momma-Put-What-In-A-Jar yesterday. Court all morning and then winning the Husband of the Year Award. Here it is if you haven't heard yet.
- The Family Kitty is a crazy sock thief. Every time I look up that little thing is sprinting across the floor with a sock in his mouth that she's stolen from a bedroom. Dress socks, athletic socks, kid socks, women socks. I'm taking her to counseling.
- The George W interviews to promote his new book are pretty interesting. But now he's entering Softball Question City: Hannity, Rush, and some other Fox News talking heads.
- And there are a ton of people and a few protesters at his book signing this morning in Dallas. (Link to updated photos including a mildly hot Jane McGarry.)
- Wade Phillips was scheduled to attend a charity event at Cowboys Stadium last night. He still showed up.
- Big girl rides a mechanical bull. Funny.
- It dawned on me this morning that I no longer feel uncomfortable when some kid refers to me as "sir". I'm officially old.
at 8:24 AM