- New biggest statue of Jesus -- Even bigger than the one down in Rio.
- Do we have to hand the winner of the NASCAR race in Fort Worth a pair of six shooters? That's a little stereotypical.
- I've always been skeptical about carpal tunnel syndrome, but Mrs. LL's wrists hurt so badly that she can hardly grip anything. She's miserable.
- George Bush's mom put what in a jar and showed it to him?
- I like the weekends even more than I used to. And jogging on cool fall mornings makes me very reflective.
- Ended up taking three girls grocery shopping because they wanted to cook dinner. I thinks it's ok to warn them "not to start acting like a fool" before we went in. (Hey, I say it in a nice way.)
- And they made up some song on the way back with the lyrics, "You can cook my bacon, you can cook my bacon." That was followed by some catchy lyrics that I think Katy Perry could turn into a hit.
- If I saw the stories correctly, Dallas police shot and killed two separate men this weekend.
- I'm not sure if Wade Phillips makes it through the day. Firing him might be the only humane thing to do in order to put him out of his misery.
- The confrontation in the Update that left the New Fairview man dead - any chance alcohol was involved?
- I finally watched all of ESPN's 30 for 30 series about "The Two Escobars." Fantastic. (And for those that remember him, the next one is going to be about OU recruit and flameout Marcus Dupree.)
- Jeff Gordan and Jeff Burton fighting at the NASCAR race was like those two jockeys at the Breeder's Cup fighting.
at 8:30 AM