- Our school sent out an info sheet saying that the kids might be screened for depression to prevent suicide. The 7th grader handed it to me because she did "really understand it." I simply said they might check the kids for "depression" (without mentioning the suicide thing). "What's that?" she said. "Uh," I replied. "That's when you're really, really sad all the time and you can't pull out of it." "Oh," she said. "That's the complete opposite of me!" Now that made my smile.
- I thought the wheels-off-book-in-photo-DWI-defendant might get life in prison. He did.
- A graphic on Thursday Night Football last night showed that the Cowboy's Danny White started out at 18-1 at home. Man, he's underrated.
- I'm waiting at a doctor's office this morning.
- It looks like the cold front with thunderstorms might roll in at the same time as all the playoff games tonight.
- I watched the first have of 30 for 30's documentary on former OU recruit Marcus Dupree. It is absolutely fantastic.
- Mrs. LL got a new phone which has the additional video camera facting her which allows video telephone calls. She successfully executed one yesterday -- closest thing to the Jetson's that I've seen so far.
- Try explaining what Peter Gabriel's Shock The Monkey is about to kids. I doubt if Peter Gabriel knows what it is about.
- The guy that jumped on the back of the JFK limousine right after the gun shots was on Fox and Friends this morning him. See him.
- Speaking of that show, Cloris Leachman was on this morning. That lady is certifiable crazy.
- If you watched all the video that was uploaded to YouTube today only, it would take you over five years.
- 60 Minutes will do a segment on Sunday on folks that have become millionaires by allowing drilling on their property within the Barnett Shale. Any Wise County folks going to make an appearance.
at 8:25 AM