- Gmail went down last night.
- I really like David McCullough 1776 (I'm about two hours into it) and was even more pleased to learn he is the narrator of the audio book. Great voice. I immediately recognized him from Ken Burns' The Civil War.
- I should put the Carnival parade in Rio de Janeiro on my bucket list.
- Fat Tuesday in New Orleans, however, looks like it could be a beating.
- I haven't seen The Bucket List.
- Newest Obama approval ratings: 63% overall (89% among Democrats, 30% among Republicans, and 4% among Wise Countians. Last number made up, but probably accurate.)
- Another murder-for-hire was thwarted yesterday (a sweet mother/daughter plan). I wonder how many murders are the result of successful murder-for-hire plots?
- It's kind of neat that the Bridgeport and Decatur girls meet at this level of the playoffs.
- Note to Channel 5 morning news: A child found safe in a daycare van yesterday afternoon does not constitute a "Developing Story" this morning.
- Any traffic report that estimates the number of minutes it will take to travel a specific path is silly.
- Are there still travel agents?
- A buddy sent me a link to a recent Frontline episode called "Inside The Meltdown" -- an hour long documentary on the financial meltdown. I started it last night and was hooked. Absolutely great. And it will scare you to death.
- One good thing about being single: If there's a Depression era meltdown, I only have to take care of myself (and people I choose to take care of.)
- Jerry Jones was 46 when he bought the Cowboys.
- I was annoyed to no end by a drunk guy who thought he was entertaining at the West Village in Dallas on Saturday.
- I'm already monitoring the weather for this Saturday's Cowtown Half Marathon. So far, so good, around 50 with little wind.
- Texas shouldn't get too excited about beating Oklahoma on Saturday since OU's beast-of-a-payer Griffin played only 12 minutes due to a concussion. Baylor, on the other hand, has had a horrible season after starting the year off in the Top 25.
- Guy believes Aggies will win National Championship this fall. In other news, I bet he believes the world will end on 12.21.12.
at 8:09 AM