- Megan Henderson is leaving Fox 4 News!! She announced it at 6:50 a.m. and kind of teared up (along with every man in the metroplex.) She's going to the west coast, and they introduced her announcement with Phantom Planet's California.)
- I say it every year: The Academy Awards is the slowest and most boring awards show on TV.
- There was a great article in the Star-Telegram on the 20th anniversary of Jerry Jones buying the Cowboys. I can't believe there hasn't been more hype about it.
- Speaking of the Star-Telegram, I now proclaim it to be a better paper than the Dallas Morning News.
- I stood behind a guy in the self check out line in the grocery store who decided to pay with quarters because, as he told me, "I had a lot of change to get rid of."
- The new Jenny Craig spokeswoman is Felisha Rashad. I've always disliked her for some reason.
- The interview of Bristol Palin by Greta Van Susteren on Fox bordered on the bizarre. Bristol came across as more immature than even her 18 years and, it was clear, she did not want to be a mother. And then Sarah Palin just "dropped in" to chat and hi-jacked the interview.
- Everyone needs to tap the brakes on the Chandra Levy case being "solved." I mean, one inmate says another inmate "confessed" to the murder and that's it? Case closed?
- There was a wedding announcement in Star Telegram yesterday which was accompanied by a picture of a close-up of half the bride's face. That's it. (I can't find it online but it was the Hoopingarner-Heffley wedding.) Edit: A google loving reader found it.
- Saw a guy in the theater on Saturday drop his krillion ounce drink as he reached his seat. He just sat down in disgust with a severe case of give up.
- I've felt better physically over the last two weeks than I have in a long time. The only difference is that I've added a salad to every meal. I wonder if that is it?
- Everyone tells me that I have to see the new HBO movie, "Taking Chance" with Kevin Bacon.
- Ticket trivia: The first time I ever heard about Slumdog Millionaire was when Gordon Keith interviewed director Danny Boyle last October on the now canceled Gordon Keith Show. (And Boyle thought Gordon was hysterical.)
- I've started reading David McCullough's 1776.
at 8:01 AM