- My haircut gal (seems like a new one every time) asked if I wanted a product that was on sale for $29 to help with my thinning hair. Hey! Don't mention my thinning hair and don't try to practice witchcraft on me.
- Almost motorcycle carnage! Fifteen to twenty speed style bikers ran up on a Harley last night in Carrollton causing four to go to the hospital. No deaths. Edit: One death
- We are into being landlords for one week and the air conditioning unit has a major malfunction. Ugh. But I totally expected something like this.
- Last month was the third hottest in DFW history. I believe it. (Global warming debate in three, two . . . . )
- The Associated Press has an iPhone app that sends out breaking news alerts. It sent one at 1:00 a.m. last night announcing the NBA lockout taking effect. That's the lockout that had been announced ten hours earlier.
- When I see the Casey Anthony party pics my first reaction is: Kind of hot.
- I changed the color of active links on here to red the other day. Ok? Edit: I've changed the color of followed links to blue.
- Random mascot. (Thanks, Michelle.)
- The "no picture" policy of the Wise County Animal Shelter caused the Sheriff to receive an email yesterday from a lady in Durban, South Africa.
- There is no way this is true: A lady drowns in a public pool near Boston on Sunday, the pool is open on Monday with swimmers, and the body is finally noticed in that pool on Tuesday. The first blog to post this story started off with: "Am I on planet Earth?"
- I've had an impromptu runway fashion show and a cheerleading competition break out in my house this week. Am I on planet Earth?
- "Hey, now." And I do mean, "Hey, now."
- It's Vampire Weekend (aka "No Refusal Weekend") in Wise County and in most counties around the state. It's kind of hard to explain, but that really means "We're going to get a warrant this weekend for your blood even though we could get a warrant for your blood on any weekend we wanted to."
- If you are really into the John Wiley Price story and the mystery that surrounds it, Dallas Observer reporter Robert Wilonsky said this morning to remember the words "shakedown" and "inland port" which was summarized by WFAA in a story in 2009 here.
- Baylor had its best football season in years so the school is selling season tickets based upon the temperature in Waco on July 4th? And that will make them cheaper than the currently cheap rate of $23 a game?
at 8:36 AM