- Despite every media outlet in DFW trying to find out what the FBI investigation into John Wiley Price was about, they came up with absolutely nothing.
- There's a regularly scheduled Dallas County Commissioners meeting today. Hello, circus.
- A Johnson County Commissioner abruptly resigned yesterday after allegations arose he used a county Home Depot credit card for personal charges.
- Our taxes would be a lot less if people being paid by the taxpayer didn't have to investigate people being paid by the taxpayer for misusing taxpayer money.
- Two motorcycle deaths yesterday: Hurst and Dallas (couldn't find a link but he was knocked off a bridge onto the Dallas Tollway.) Edit: Found it.
- What a bizarre story: An attractive (for what it's worth) Austin gal who worked for the W Hotel got stuck in an air duct and was not found for over a month. Not a happy ending.
- Since when does everyone think they are saying something profound when they rattle off, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"? (And if that person then attributes the quote to Albert Einstein, cock an eyebrow because there's no proof of that.)
- Over the past month I've received an unsolicited Beach Boys CD and a packet of Kool-Aid from loyal readers. You think I'm a little nervous when I open up a package that looks like it could be from the Son of Sam?
- I was in a foot race last night. Yep. Against a girl. I'm guessing it was a quarter mile. My heart estimated it as run to El Paso.
- Everyone was up in arms yesterday about the search by TSA of a 95 year old, wheel chair bound, cancer-stricken woman at the airport who was wearing a diaper. Do we make an exception for 95 years olds? If so, there's your security loophole that everyone knows about.
- Side note: The 95 year old was flying to visit family and friends. Uh, how about the family coming to see her instead?
- The new Dallas mayor was inducted yesterday and he continues to preach about wanting to improve Dallas schools. Man, you've got enough problems without trying to fix something you have no jurisdiction over.
- After over two years, President Obama has finally nominated someone for the position of U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas: Sarah Saldana. Talk about a gal who is low profile --- a Google search basically turns up nothing. (If confirmed, she will then be responsible for the John Wiley Price prosecution. And if President Obama loses the 2012 election, she'll be out of a job. Does she want that gig?)
- Did I see Sonic and Asian take-out on the dinner table last night? Yep.
- The official high was 99 degrees yesterday. Somebody want to check that monitoring equipment? And why is Wichita Falls consistently clocking in at 10 degrees hotter than us?
- On my DVR from last night is the HBO documentary "Hot Coffee" about civil lawsuits. My lawyer friends criticize me to no end for my anti-lawsuit positions and the program is about "misconceptions" that people like me might hold. Will I watch it? You bet. Why wouldn't I want to hear differing views?
- Random Texas front page only because the War on Drugs lead story was called "Operation Pill Crusher." You've always got to have a fancy name.
at 8:30 AM