- Decatur fire truck sirens at 7:46 a.m. With all that fog out there, that's probably not good.
- A kid from a private Christian school was suspended for attending a secular prom with his girlfriend at a different school? I have no problem with that. Private institutions bossing people around who have voluntarily decide to associate with them seems reasonable. Government bossing you around, on the other hand, would be a different story.
- Isn't it weird how some people consider you to be the equivalent of the Plague yet others light up when you enter the room?
- I think I observe the world for 95% of the time and live in it for the remainder. I need to work on that.
- Whenever you see something that symbolizes the dumbing down of America, it is referred to as "Idiocracy" (after the movie.) I saw a bit of it last night at the grocery store.
- Karl Rove gave the commencement address at Texas Tech School of Law a couple of days ago. Really.
- Crazy sight: A huge runway baggage container was sucked into one of the jumbo jet's engines at LAX yesterday.
- I'm headed down to Baylor this weekend for my niece's graduation.
- With changes in the law regarding court appointment of attorneys and Wise County's skyrocketing criminal cases, I'd love to know the amount the county spent on indigent legal representation fees last year. It has to be exploding.
- Note to Wise County Messenger: That would be a good story.
- And we don't have a skyrocketing criminal docket because of more crime, it's because you will get arrested for the slightest of transgressions these days.
- A soldier in Iraq flipped out yesterday and killed five other soldiers. The Drudge Report had a great yet disturbing headline for the story: "Full Metal Jacket."
- Limited interest: I saw Margaret Hoover ("Republican Strategist") and Gretchen Carlson (co-host of "Fox and Friends") in a debate on Bill O'Reilly last night. Dumbest. Women. Ever?
- Mark Cuban rant: (1) He tells one of the Nugget's player's mom on Saturday that her son is a "thug", (2) the mom is at the AAC last night and taunted by fans, (3) Cuban finally apologizes to her on his blog last night at 1:30 a.m. You couldn't just have walked over to her last night and said you're sorry? That guy is classless.
- And Cuban won' be in Denver tomorrow night for Game 5 citing a prior engagement. Riiiight.
at 8:11 AM