- There's some civil trial going on in the district courtroom, and I'm about to check it out. There aren't many civil cases that actually go to trial anymore.
- A Fort Worth lawyer delivered a fancy cake to the courthouse this morning. You don't see that very often.
- When it is busy, there is absolutely no room where you can get any privacy. An annex is coming one of these days.
- And it was so humid in the hallways that I felt like Matthew McConaughey in A Time To Kill. (All offices are have a/c but not the common areas.)
- Saw this exchange: Defendant: "Have you watched my video?" Lawyer: "You gotta pay me first, bud."
- It's really rare to hear a cell phone go off even in the hallway.
- I remember when DPS used to office in the basement. That's where I went to take my new driver's test.
- There used to be an old wheelchair in a dark corner of the basement. Creepy.
- There are now surveillance cameras everywhere.
- Even though it's small, most people get lost trying to get down the stairs if it is their first visit.
at 12:49 PM