- A shocking number of high profile celebrities turn 40 this year.
- CiCi's pizza has opened in Decatur. I love pizza. I eat it about once every two years.
- With the oil field bust the county is seeing, I'm really worried about all of these hotels under construction.
- Isn't it great when someone pulls you aside to tell you "what's really going on" in a hushed voice?
- I don't understand news of GM deciding to close some dealerships. Either they are profitable and deserve to stay in business or they are not -- and they'd go out of business on their own.
- Earlier this week there was a wreck on 287 that killed a Decatur man. There are remnants of the wreck - tire tracks to be exact - that come within feet of where a cross has been erected in honor of the Decatur High School student who died earlier this year in the same location.
- I'm not sure I buy all this "affair" business between the parents of John and Kate Plus 8. They couldn't buy this much publicity.
- Obama refuses to release photos of abuse of accused terrorist suspects (well, not formally accused but you know what I mean.) The ACLU cause him a flip flopper, but I don't mind a guy who is willing to change his mind.
- Talked to someone yesterday who had taken a Mediterranean cruise. Apparently there were lots of Russians on the ship. I would never have guessed that.
- A guy who doesn't get off work until after 6:00 p.m. and has toddlers at home probably doesn't see the kids awake a whole lot.
- Mavericks lost. Or so I've heard.
- The NBA season is too long. The Mav's first game was October 7th. If the Cowboys season were that long, they would have been playing football into last month.
- The civil personal injury trial in Decatur was rapping up yesterday afternoon. I'll try to find out what happened. The defendants were TxDOT and some company out of Boyd that helps in the manufacturing process of TxDOT trucks.
- First streaker at Mets' new stadium. The guy running the camera could star in Idiocracy.
- Had a client yell a greeting at me from her car yesterday. I asked her what she was doing. "Just heading to probation," she replied. Good times.
- The Dallas Chamber of Commerce has to love this statement from a deputy police chief: "I just don't recommend anybody being by themselves anywhere in the city [after dark]."
- What is up with all the cussing? I was in a convenience store yesterday and a guy was talking on his cell phone and dropping F bombs left and right.
at 8:18 AM