- I saw the first event in the stadium's history in the early 1970s: A Billy Graham Crusade
- In 1989 when Michael Irvin, I think in his second season, blew out his knee and was gone for the season. I'm pretty sure Steve Walsh started over Troy Aikman for some reason. The Cowboys lost because they always lost back then.
- Southlake Carroll vs. Euless Trinity epic playoff game (was that crazy fake punt game, played in front of about 50,000 people, last year or the year before?)
- A Paul McCartney concert (tickets via scalper in the parking lot.)
- A Monday Night Football game in around 1993 or 1994. Not too memorable because I can't remember who they played or who won.
- A game in the early 1990s against the Kansas City Chiefs. I just remembered that I had a blind date. I don't think we ever went out again. She wasn't too bad.
- The1992 playoff game against the Eagles -- the first season that Jimmy Johnson led the Cowboys to the Superbowl. (Odd event: A group of about 12 of us, without game tickets, rented an RV and bought a parking ticket next two the stadium. My very good looking girlfriend then persuaded an attendant to let the two of us in the stadium during the game. There weren't any seats, but I saw a few minutes of the playoff win.)
- Bridgeport High School vs. Niceville, Florida on 9/29/00. Pics.
- Edit: Forgot watching Baylor vs. SMU in, I think, 1985.
- Edit: Forgot watching Eric Dickerson score for SMU against North Texas in 1981 or 1982.
- Edit: It's ridiculous that I left off one of the most amazing things I've ever seen: No. 9 Colorado 39, No. 3 Texas 37 on 12/1/01 (First game tickets I ever bought off Ebay.)
- Edit: I just remembered that I went to a Cowboys/Eagles game in 1987 during the NFL strike so the game was played with replacement players. The first Cowboy play was a reverse that I thought was a little cheezy.
With the final game in that old place being this Saturday night (how rotten is that? Saturday night and on the NFL Network), I've compiled my list of top things I've seen in person at the stadium. (The Dallas Observer's Richie Whitt just posted a legitimate Top Ten list on his blog.) But mine:
at 10:46 AM