- There have been two arrests in the death of the Tanglewood homeowner who found the teenager dead after a botched robbery. Recall his body was found in a burnt out car on what would have been the teenager's birthday. Police now believe he was strangled beforehand.
- We had to dog sit three dogs last night due to an "emergency". I felt like a Petsmart manager.
- Conservative talk radio is discussing everything from changing its stance on immigration and abortion to "finding a more attractive messenger to convince those people we are right."
- I never thought TCU and
Kansas Statethe Aggies would do as well as they have in their new conferences but they've also done about as well as anyone could have predicted. (Does that make sense?)
- I just don't remember as a kid the temperature being in the 80s as high school football season came to an end.
- The first openly bi-sexual member of Congress is also a "Hey, Now."
- I've watched probably 15 minutes of Pee Wee football/practice over the last two years but some of the coaches are way too hard and physical with those kids. (I was a TXI Mustang, by the way.)
- Kay Granger will speak in Rhome tomorrow. That's surprising. As in surprising she crosses the Wise County line.
- Darrell Royal retired from coaching at 52. Mack Brown is 61. (And everyone says that this long article about Royal published this week is really good.)
- High school geometry looks harder than I remember. And I saw words on a "biology spelling test" last night that I had never heard of.
- "Mortgage giant Fannie Mae earned $1.8 billion from July through September [and] paid a dividend of $2.9 billion to the U.S. Treasury and sought no additional federal aid." Funny how all that worked out after all.
- Great photo of a model of the re-creation of the assassination of JFK. (If that makes sense.)
- I've seen one James Bond movie and that's because a girlfriend made me go see it in theaters. I don't even remember which one it was.
- The new outfits by the Mavs Dancers are catching attention.
at 8:35 AM