- Although this will be election intensive, I just saw that former UT coach Darrell Royal has died.
- Now back to the election: How many times have I said it? It's all about demographics.
- And if you think the Republicans might have won with a more conservative candidate, you're nuts. Gingrich, Santorum, or Perry would have been destroyed.
- Wise County went 82% for Romney.
- This is amazing: Romney got 56,974,934 total votes last night. Four years ago, John McCain got 59,934,814. That last number would have been enough to beat the President last night.
- No one was more wrong than pundit Dick Morris who had been all over the place predicting a Romney landslide. Well, that goofy "Mad Money" guy Jim Cramer might have overtaken him by predicting Romney would win 440-98.
- Those polls that everyone criticized were exactly right.
- From a Wise County pastor on Facebook last night: "I'm done with America. I feel no allegiance to the USA anymore. We'll see about Texas. This world is not my home, I'm just a'passing thru. My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue. The angels beckon me from heaven's open door and I can't feel at home in this world any more! Maranatha!"
- Trying to explain the Electoral College to a Fourth Grader is amazingly fun. When States were called for Romney or Obama last night, she wanted to know how many "points" it was worth.
- Mark Davis ended his radio show yesterday with an on-the-air prayer about the election.
- And to remind everyone: I predicted that the Rangers wouldn't win a playoff series and that the President would win re-election.
- I can't find a number for straight ticket voting in Texas or Wise County last night. Anyone?
- Colorado and Washington legalized pot last night. It's still illegal federally. That'll be interesting.
- I was right about hearing something had happened to an Alvord coach. He committed suicide. How many does that make for that little town?
at 8:34 AM