- Headline today: "Texas last fatality-free day on Texas roads was 12 years ago today." You'd think that would happen a heck of a lot more frequently than that.
- Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh were all smiles and optimism yesterday. I thought the future of America depended on the election?
- Mrs. LL got up at 5:00 to do swimming/exercise. Then we almost hit each other as I left for work and she returned.
- The Fourth Grader in the House has yet to acknowledge that there are only two bunnies and not three in the cage. She absolutely knows, though.
- Fox 4 had a story last night on a dilapidated trailer park in Parker County between Azle and Springtown. It was awful. No one should have to live in those conditions.
- The NFL channel had a one hour documentary on Jimmy Johnson last night. It was great. Man, it's fun to see him and Jerry Jones in the beginning.
- Maybe the best explanation of the election: There's just not enough old angry white guys.
- WBAP's Hal Jay keeps saying "We need to get back to an Andy Griffith way of life." Chris Matthews would interpret that as "code" for something else.
- Heard by me: "It's yoyo for dinner." Me?: "Huh?" Her: "You're on your own."
- Heard a million times on the news yesterday: "Fiscal cliff."
- There's a Danny Thomas and a Burt Lancaster listed in the funerals in the Update today.
- Those Obama girls sure have grown up, haven't they?
- My blood sugar turned out not to be at a diabetes level but still high. I think I'm going to take a class on how to control it.
- In honor of Darrell Royal, the Longhorns will line up in the wishbone on their first play on Saturday. But I can't imagine them doing anything other than handing off to the fullback because running the true triple option isn't easy. And passing out of that formation would be very un-Royal like.
- Sarah Palin was on Fox on election night and had a really drawn in face.
- Ted Nugent on Obama's re-election: "I cry tears of blood for The Last Best Place & the warriors who died for this tragedy." "Goodluk America u just voted for economic & spiritual suicide. Soulless fools." "What subhuman varmint believes others must pay for their obesity booze cellphones birthcontrol abortions & lives." Sheesh.
at 8:30 AM