- Ok, yesterday's Random Thoughts even had more errors than normal, but you guy's realize I type it and post it, right?
- Saw most of The Help. Not bad at all. Saw all of Project X. Funny for the first three quarters of it and then it jumped the shark.
- The Worst-National-Anthem kid was on Fox 4 last night with her dad. Man, daddy is milking this thing for all it is worth.
- Random sports thoughts: (1) I was back for two days before I learned that Colby Lewis was gone for the season - uh, guys, that might be a lethal loss that can't be casually written off; (2) After basking in the glow of RG3 for months it's beginning to dawn on me that now Baylor has to play without him; (3) I have a mild interest in Cowboys camp but I don't need to see tweets of how a potential third receiver just had "nice separation as he went across the middle."
- Had a "oh, no, the air conditioning at the house isn't working" moment last night. Fortunately I got lucky and diagnosed the issue after only two hours of rising heat.
- The pic of the barracuda yesterday (buried in Random Thoughts) had Mrs. LL in it with a What Would Honey Badger Do t-shirt.
- I promise to get to my "brush with the Mexican drug business" story in the next couple of days.
- The amount of money spent on campaign ads in this Senate race is mind-boggling. I've never seen any race in Texas like this.
- Looking back at everything I've written, the first time I called out David Dewhurst as a political fraud was in November of 2001. Yep, ten years ago.
- Former President Clinton will be a big player at the Democratic National Convention. Former President George W. Bush won't attend the Republican National Convention (and will probably rarely, if ever, be mentioned.)
- Mrs. LL has found a jogging app that interrupts her music to tell her a zombie is chasing her and that she needs to run at a particular pace to keep him from catching her. That's about all I understand about it. (She ran past me barefoot last night saying, "They zombies are chasing me!" and then proceeded down the sidewalk.)
- The Fourth Grader In The House came out and asked where she went. Told her zombies were chasing her mother. The kid said, "OK" and went back in the house.
- I do a lot of head shaking at home.
- The County Surveyor story in the Update is pretty interesting. It's an official position in Wise County but no one has ran for the job since the 1960s. At least until this year one some guy figured it out.
- So we've had three teenage deaths on the train tracks in Alvord in recent months? That story is eventually going to go national.
at 8:38 AM