- Uh, oh. Just announced: Unemployment rose to 8.3%.
- It would be unAmerican to be excited about that, right?
- Frank Caliendo is out. He won't be back in the Fox NFL pre-game show. The guy is always funny on the radio but a beating on that show (and I never understood why his character would make game predictions at the end of his bit.)
- Josh Hamilton doesn't seem smart enough to be the theologian that he thinks he is.
- Six Flags is shutting down the parachute ride and the Flashback. I couldn't picture the latter until I remembered I actually rode the thing 20 years ago. My oddest memory is that there were three teenage girls in front of us in line and they would address each other by talking into their own wrists Never figured that out.
- I wonder if the Family Pup understands me when I tell her I want to switch lives with her?
- North Texas gets to play the #1 team in the country, LSU, for their season opener.
- A Vermont farmer, upset over his recent arrest for pot, took his huge tractor to the police station yesterday and decided to go all monster truck on a bunch of cop cars. Insane.
- Heard on the radio this morning: I don't want to see gays kissing at Chick-fil-A. In fact, I don't want to see anyone kissing at Chick-fil-A.
- Heard on the radio yesterday: Where will the battleground be for immigration? Wendy's?
- Great night last night when C.J. Wilson gets lit up by the Rangers and Michael Phelps beat Ryan Lochte.
- Another police shooting in Dallas last night (that's the 18th this year.)
- After that Gabby gal won the overall competition in gymnastics, NBCs Bob Costas gave a thoughtful wrap up about how the color barrier had been broken. Then they cut to a commercial showing a monkey competing in gymnastics. You've got to see it.
at 7:36 AM