- A criminal defendant slugged his lawyer in Dallas yesterday.
- Two young girls sat in a booth behind me at lunch yesterday and I heard the following: (1) "probation", (2) "foster care", (3) "signing rights away to grandparents", (4) "baby daddy" - multiple times, and (5) "I don't think things through before I do it." I'm making none of that up.
- I'm still unimpressed about Venus passing in front of the sun yesterday. It may have been a "once in a lifetime" event but that still doesn't make it spectacular.
- Some knucklehead carrying a load hit the overhead railroad bridge on 114 by the Speedway last night. The highway is closed in both directions and traffic is being rerouted. (But that bridge has a clearance of less than 14 feet.)
- After watching the final four teams in the NBA playoffs, this question comes to mind: How in the world did the Dallas Mavericks win that thing last year?
- Call me old, but the "lenseless" glasses the NBA players are wearing in post-game press conferences are silly.
- Mrs. LL went out for a jog on Saturday and the next thing I know we are out $40 for a bike from a garage sale she ran by. But it was a heck of bike for $40.
- I wonder how many people have drowned at Wise County Park over the years.
- Had a client who was incarcerated who wanted me to arrange for him to be married while he was up at the courthouse for a routine court appearance.
- I remember the old Caravan motel sign on Jacksboro Highway in Fort Worth as a kid, and I swear I saw an exact replica of it not far from Cowboys Stadium the other day.
- I don't know why I thought it was so funny that the kid was yelling, "Good job! Good effort!" at James and Wade last night.
- I'll swear if Freddy Krueger made an appearance in my home, all the Girls In The House wouldn't react as violently as when a spider makes an appearance.
at 8:34 AM