- "Almost 1/3rd of law school grads aren't working as lawyers. Salaries are shrinking, while tuition is soaring." There's just a weird atmosphere out there.
- Dallas ISD has a history of screwing up who it picks for superintendant. It seems like it has happened again. The new hire has decided to bring along a "spokesperson" (PR gal) from his past district. That's fine. Until you learn he wants to pay her $185,000. She made $87,000 in her current position and the old Dallas ISD spokesperson made $133,000. (And they might want to check into that relationship. She's smokin' hot based upon the photo in the above link.) Edit: She's only 31.
- The author of Farhenhit 451 died yesterday. I've never read it.
- My book on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is good but not great. But I did learn something yesterday that I should have already known: That guy was the one who personally beheaded New York Times reporter Daniel Pearl. Vicious.
- "It's D-Day and the History Channel has a Pawn Stars marathon and Google honors the drive-in theater." - Tweet from bagofnothing guy last night.
- I'm in: Quentin Tarantino is directing a new movie, Django Unchained, a western about a bounty hunter who needs the help of a slave, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz, and Jamie Foxx.
- I've got a T-shirt of Travolta and Jackson from Pulp Fiction holding bananas instead of guns.
- Fox 4 had a reporter out at DFW Airport this morning to cover plane delays. What would normally be a throw away segment was pretty interesting. There were hundreds of people sleeping and standing in line all night (with no ticket agents even on duty.)
- The would-be Paradise model is Miss June on HowardTV.
- A fascinating trial in Houston right now where a man shot a party-goer from his neighbor's house and it was all recorded on tape.
- I would write something about the agg sex assault trial going on in Wise County but it is not fascinating. Thirty-something year old allegedly had consensual sex with a 13 year old which is a crime because she can't consent.
- Dear Mrs. LL: Sorry I told you the final game of the College World Series was rained out. They actually played the game last night and it ended after midnight. The good news is that your prediction came true: Alabama won.
- Get me this pig!
at 8:34 AM