- That thunderstorm came out of nowhere this morning.
- It's early, but the Rangers are beginning to feel like the pre-World Series Rangers. (They lost 12-1 last night to a horrible A's team. It was so bad that Texas brought in Craig Gentry, an outfielder, to pitch at the end of the game.)
- There's something funny about a guy in a Darth Vadar outfit arguing with a cop about a parking ticket.
- I've seen the original Star Wars three times or so and I have to admit I have no idea what the heck is going on.
- Baylor and TCU advanced to the Super Regionals in college baseball last night and they are the only Texas teams to do so. (And I like saying "super regionals.")
- When the trash bin isn't emptied front of your home on trash day it kinda messes up your scene. My scene is messed up.
- I'm not 100% positive, but when WBAP's (annoying) traffic gal Laura Houston was told that Hulk Hogan was going to be on the show, she made reference to the chances of him turning green if he got angry. She got her Hulks confused.
- I'm not sure what the excitement is about Venus passing in front of the sun this afternoon. It'll look like a dot. And I don't need every news report to tell me: "Do not look directly at the sun."
- I've got a new landscaping project as I put in a flowerbed around the base of a tree. Those roots might make this a tad bit difficult (and I pray I don't kill that tree.)
- I had a buddy who had about three inches of top soil brought in to cover his backyard once and that slight change in elevation killed what had been a massive and healthy oak tree.
- Cruz and Dewhurst are thinking about doing a debate in Spanish? They'd stand a better chance of getting votes by replying, "I only speak 'merican!"
- Pictures of Jerry Sandusky arriving for jury selection this morning. That'll be a circus.
- In the MLB draft yesterday, the Houston Astros chose a 17 year old kid out of Puerto Rico with the first overall pick. That seems like a gamble.
- Mrs. LL to me over the weekend: "Sheesh, you hold a grudge." (It was about a third party, not her.)
at 8:34 AM