- There's a Michael Jackson Funhouse at the State Fair this year. I wonder if the carnies obtain the appropriate licensing to use his likeness?
- Jennifer's Body looks horrible but has received very good reviews. But I hate horror movies.
- Tony Romo might be a modern day Danny White.
- The "clouds" off of Eagle Mountain Lake, visible from Rhome this morning, were gorgeous.
- One of the convicted Charles Manson family members has died after 38 years in prison. Still probably the most fascinating crime story ever.
- "Imagine the Byron Nelson Pavilion on steroids. And ecstasy. Then, about every 10 minutes, a fight breaks out." - Dallas Observer article describing UFC 103 at American Airlines Center last Saturday night.
- It probably looked like an Affliction T-Shirt convention.
- The State Fair of Beat Down opens today.
- The UN speakers this week proved the world is crazy.
- Why male runners should put band-aids over their nipples before running a marathon: What?
- I've got a buddy that wants me to feature more "thick girls" on the Random Girl of the day pics.
- I saw an energy drink in a convenience store in Fort Worth called "Drank." No kidding.
- Here's a picture of the lone NCAA female football official. I bet she'd clean up pretty well.
- Every girl on Facebook was talking about Grey's Anatomy last night.
- Is that synthesized voice box contraption used on every song on the radio?
- Man, the news coverage of the "thwarted terrorists attack" (see post below) makes you think we almost had a 9/11 on our hands. By a teenager. By a teenager that the FBI was able to discover in a public Terrorist Chat Room.
- The courthouse still plays that goofy "screeching bird" tape to scare of, uh, birds. It pierces the peaceful morning air every day.
at 8:14 AM