- Can you imagine if the Cowboys had opened the stadium last night on Monday Night Football with the left-outside-Party-Passers stuck in the thunderstorm?
- Speaking of the thunderstorm, I have no idea how it missed Decatur around 6:00 yesterday but it looked like Bridgeport got very, very wet.
- The new Fox 4 morning gal is a Baylor graduate. Yeah, it's only Day Two but she better loosen up in a hurry.
- Fox 4's Dan Henry lost his mind last night saying DFW had the potential for "80 to 90 mile per hour winds."
- If you want to see Tom Delay perform on Dancing With The Stars, here ya go. Awk. Ward.
- One kid runs a go cart into another kid at Texas Motor Speedway, so the Speedway is ordered to pay $11.4 million. (Cue "Little Pink Houses For You And Me")
- I took some heat about posting the pics of the lady fainting in the courtroom last week. I agree with one of the comments: It wasn't the pictures that upset people, it was the captions that appeared to be a bit too flippant.
- There's a new Movie Tavern opening up on W. 7th in Fort Worth? And if you haven't driven that stretch of 7th between downtown and University, you'll be amazed. (Link is to "Hawkeye's" blog from KSCS who I haven't listened to in 10 years, but remember him to be funny.)
- OK, I've got to update my blog list over to the right since Anobiter and Jarhead have reportedly fled to Rio together. I've deleted them and added Crazy Texas Mommy (who has no Wise County connection but has earned a double fake exception because she's funny.) There were a couple of other local blogs you guys mentioned yesterday, but I'm open to suggestions.
- Prosecutors across the state of Texas are headed to Corpus Christi right now for their annual seminar. After they get all worked up about convicting people, they always celebrate with a free kegger on Friday night with a live band. (And I'm not making that up.)
- I think I heard Fall begins today. At least the weather cooperated. And then I powered down when I saw it was going to be 90 again this weekend.
- The Texas Rangers are in dire financial straits (sp) so what happened last night was weird: They allowed Kevin Millwood to pitch, he reached 180 innings for year, and that activated a clause in his contract that guarantees him $12 million next year. For perspective, that's 16% of this year's payroll.
- TCU had a female official, Sarah Thomas, working their football game last Saturday night. I've never seen that before.
- The Ticket talked about the death of the Boyd pastor and his wife yesterday afternoon, and they assumed that it was murder/suicide. Sheesh.
- What exactly is the objective in Afghanistan and how exactly does the mission "fail" if we don't send in more troopers?
- I continue to believe the 9/11 was the result of the equivalent of gang members. It's hard to declare war on a gang.
at 8:24 AM