- I saw on the news Wells Fargo has canceled a junket at the Wynn in Las Vegas because they are recipient of some of the federal bailout money. I was more shocked to learn that stingy Wells Fargo needed the money in the first place (which turns out to be $25 billion.)
- If ten years ago you had learned your bank needed $25 billion to survive, there would be a panic. Now we just shrug our shoulders.
- An emailer tells me that the Bridgeport Sissies clinched the district championship last night by beating Wichita Falls Hirschi 52-45.
- Charlie Gibson asked Obama yesterday if he was embarrassed about the "I didn't pay my taxes" nominees that had to withdraw. His answer, "Yes." He also referred to it as a "self induced injury." At least he's taking blame.
- I've got to go to Jacksboro this morning.
- I'm over halfway through Jack London's "The Sea Wolf." Uh, kinda boring. And he's a pompous writer.
- I've been seeing new GM pickups that are a light cream color.
- I was right about people going crazy over the free Denny's breakfast. One person interviewed by Fox 4, who had been standing in line for over a half hour, said she had driven 30 miles to get there. Sheesh. Bud Kennedy wrote about it today.
- Why isn't more teaching done with the School House Rock concept? I can still recite the preamble to the Constitution due to that three minute show I saw as a kid. (Hey, I found it.)
- If I could play the bass, I'd sit around all day playing Nirvana's "Come As You Are."
- Google has announced a new gadget which gets us closer to everyone having a GPS tracking device.
- The Chico girls lost to Peaster 101-15?
at 7:28 AM