- Finally, a guy caught smoking pot and it does not seem to be a big deal. Exhibit A: Michael Phelps.
- Wait!! Shouldn't we lock him up??!! He's a drug user!!! Right is right and wrong is wrong!! (I, of course, jest.)
- What am I supposed to the tell the next kid that sits across my desk who has been arrested for pot when he says, "They had pictures of Michael Phelps and they didn't do anything to him"?
- The Ticket had a pretty good discussion over how we forgive Phelps even though he has a DWI and is an admitted pot user, yet we vilify Terrell Owens who has never even had a run in with the cops.
- The Ticket then said we probably forgive Phelps because he is an "ah, shucks, kind of guy." Which gave rise to the question: Have you ever seen an "aw, shucks, black guy?"
- AnObiter update: She's hanging out at a bar in Hawaii with Eli and Peyton Manning. Really.
- Every Denny's is giving away a free Grand Slam breakfast this morning. I wouldn't go within a mile of the place. Anyone who will stand in line for two hours to get a free $7.00 breakfast scares me.
- New Las Vegas odds to win next year's Super Bowl: New England at 8-1. Dallas is second at 9-1.
- There have been lots of Harlem Globetrotter commercials on TV recently. I can't believe I fell for that bit as a kid.
- The Collin County jury (who is unfamiliar with the term "reasonable doubt") sentenced Raul Cortez to death yesterday for his part in the 2004 quadruple murder in McKinney. It was odd to see the family of the victim smiling and hugging in the lobby for the cameras after the verdict. I'm not sure it's a reason to celebrate.
- I sound grumpy. Maybe I'm hungry.
at 7:31 AM