- The telephone call from other lawyers that starts off, "Tell me what you think about this issue" = I like. Friendly advice is something we all need.
- The telephone call from the out of town lawyer that starts off, "I'm from out of town and I've got this plea bargain offer. Is that good? Tell me about the prosecutors and juries up there" = I don't like. Hey, he paid you to know stuff like that.
- Fort Worth is close to erecting a statue of JFK near his last Fort Worth speech. I'm pretty sure that there is not a single statue of an individual any where in Wise County. Am I wrong?
- Wow. During Obama's speech last night, Rep. Joe Wilson of South Carolina yelled out, "You lie!" Absolutely incredible and reprehensible. (Story and quick video here in case you missed it.)
- That was very close to Idiocracy's "House of Representin'"
- And Fox and Friends this morning leads the show with, "Was he out of line? We'll report and let you decide." Good grief.
- With all the "Rangers excitement" going on, I'm pretty sure that their last playoff games against the Yankees in the late 1990s did not sell out at Arlington.
- A space ship came through downtown Decatur yesterday?
- I had to fake a conversation yesterday when someone started talking about a subject I was clueless about. That's hard to do.
- No Beatles on iTunes after all. But VH1 had a 1990s documentary on the group called Anthology last night that I had never seen before. I hit the record button because it looked really good.
- One of my weird comment rules: Don't submit a shocking assertion of fact anonymously. Ain't gonna happen.
- And to think the only way you could have heard a Beatles song in the 1970s was to listen to it on the radio or go buy a piece of vinyl. There was no other choice.
- The story of the 8 year old in Saginaw that snuck out of school and drove a van down Boat Club Road to a gas station yesterday is amazing. Almost more amazing: The keys were left in the van he took. Who leaves keys in the ignition these days?
- Ellen Degeneres is the new judge on American Idol. As much as I didn't care for her in her early years, she's kind of grown on me. But I still won't watch American Idol.
at 8:21 AM