- You have to watch it pretty closely, but Dallas DA Craig Watkins and County Commissioner John Wiley Price hate each other.
- Every time I watch women's tennis, I get sucked in. There were some incredible matches at the U.S. Open yesterday.
- Now that Obama has released his speech to the kids, the right wingers are already proclaiming he "changed it" because of the outcry. Sheesh. The paranoia is palpable.
- "Paranoia Is Palpable" would make a good title of a book or a good band name.
- Chocolate lava crunch cake with Domino's Pizza? How fat can we get?
- Same thing goes for whoever is promoting the pizza with the extra cheese strip near the crust.
- How much has Jerry Lewis raised for muscular dystrophy research and what does he have to show for it?
- And is there any bigger of a loose cannon that Jerry Lewis on Labor Day?
- Must see for college football fans: Why those Yankees just don't get it.
- I didn't know that if a Hospital District is formed in Texas that the Texas Constitution requires the district to "provide all necessary hospital and medical care for the needy inhabitants of the District." Then again, I'm not sure how many hospitals are formed under that section. (Hat tip to Bud Kennedy's facebook page.)
- What is going on in the stands while the Longhorns play? (Credit: TvTanLine.)
- Kenny Chesney's "This Is Our Moment" was recorded for ESPN to be used during college football season. Good grief, how many times can they play it --- and it's only week #1.
- Idiocracy: Those silly fry anything contests leading up to the State Fair.
at 8:26 AM