- I hate it that Oklahoma has lost QB Sam Bradford for what might be a few weeks. I want every team to be at full strength.
- And with Oklahoma's loss to BYU, the Texas/OU game has just been diminished beyond belief. What would have been #2 vs. #3 is now not even close to that.
- And despite Texas fans being giddy over OU's loss, it really means nothing to the Longhorns. They better continue to win.
- How in the world can Texas Tech just stick another quarterback into that system with tremendous results? Taylor Potts starts his first game and throws for 405 yards in Tech's win over North Dakota. Wait. North Dakota?
- The Aggies manhandled New Mexico which some will say is no big deal. I think it's huge. They rolled up 606 total yards of total offense. Last year, they could have lost that game.
- TCU is crazy for not scheduling a game on opening weekend.
- Pro note: Tila Tequila says that her boyfriend, San Diego star linebacker Shawne Merriman, assaulted her. I'd use the insanity defense with proof being that he dates Tila Tequila.
- Pro note #2: Man, I love HBO's Hard Knocks.
- I saw that "Peyton Manning will give $1 million to Tennessee for a new athletic training facility." Really? How much of a training facility will that buy?
- SMU was horrible as they escaped with a win over Stephen F. Austin.
- Media note: The Dallas Morning News' article on Baylor's game was the same article that appeared in the Waco Tribune Herald. There's a lot of sharing going on these days.
- Most big time schools won't play anyone worth a dang for their non-conference games. But there's really no reason to. What would Texas have to gain by playing Georgia, for example? They played a directional school and will still wake up as #2 this morning.
- I really thought Oklahoma State would lose to Georgia. I think it's because I just wish failure on T. Boone Pickens.
- Baylor wore white helmets with a interlocking green "B" and "U" on the side. I hate that. No respectable program ever changes its helmets. You think Texas, Michigan, or USC are going to change?
- Edit: "The truth of the matter is ... somebody is going to die here in the NFL. It's going to happen.''- Carson Palmer of the Cincinnati Bengals. I believe that. And it may even happen at the college level. The helmet to helmet hits on downfield receivers is shocking (and illegal, but that doesn't stop it.)
- Edit: There's a high school football game going on at Cowboys Stadium this morning. That kid has a lot of hair for Euless Trinity.
- Edit: I didn't know that UT set an all time attendance record with 101,096.
- I digress: Jerry Lewis is crazy. At 8:13 a.m. he just told Cathy Rigby that the telethon earned $15,000 last year from "three men in Florida who sold marijuana."
at 8:33 AM