- Saw a shot this morning of the inside of the Cowboys Stadium with the football field on it. Cool.
- Inglourious Basterds opens today. It looks like something I'd be interested in but, then again, I get sucked in by anything Tarantino does.
- Someone else's kindness is impacting my selfishness.
- Did ya see where that Bolt guy ran a world record 19.19 second 200 meter yesterday? And he doesn't even look like he tries. Breaking news: He's fast.
- Ok, this is the most tense video to watch in the history of ever. It's called "Drunk Girl vs. Glass Table." (And it contains a couple of F bombs so be warned.) But after you recover from the 1:20 seconds of stress, you'll realize you've learned a new dance: "Percolating."
- I've practiced criminal law for almost 20 years and I've never heard a cop, prosecutor, or anyone connected with the system refer to someone as a "perp."
- On reports of school supplies this mornings, I heard a reference to "trapper" something on two different channels. Have no idea what they are talking about. Edit: Yep, "Trapper Keeper". I think I'm the only person in the world that had no idea what it was.
- I was in a convenience store this morning that was extremely inconvenient. And, not that it's that big of a deal, but the clerk never spoke.
- The Update this morning has news that Decatur ISD has a new touchy-feely "commencement walk across the stage but don't graduate" policy.
- The Lockerbie Bomber who was released yesterday sure did return to a hero's welcome. You would think that Libya, which has made efforts to be in our good graces over the last few years, would have throttled that back a bit.
- Before conservative commenters Wordkyle, Jarhead, and Denny Crane were here, there was a guy name ReaganRIP. He got mad one day when someone impersonated him, and he never came back.
- Favorite overnight email: "Are the commentors on your blog acting more crazy lately?"
at 8:28 AM