- I've heard for years that most money in the U.S. has cocaine residue on it, and yesterday there was a new report putting that number at 90%. I don't believe that. At all.
- It's extremely rare to even see a cocaine criminal case these days.
- KXAS's Jane McGarry said last night at 6:00 that Sen. Kay Baily Hutchison officially "threw her name in the hat" for Texas Governor. Uh, isn't that "threw her hat in the ring?"
- Frequent commenter Denny Crane says if he wants to call our President a "nigger", he will. Good lord, man. Throttle back! Throttle back!
- Over at the Morning News web site this morning, they had a "Live Blog" covering something called Plano ISD's Convocation (which sounds like a pep rally for all of the teachers.) It started at 7:00 or so and included school board members being led in by cheerleaders. That would power me down.
- And that live blog posted this thrilling poll: "Are you ready for the 2009-2010 school year to begin?" After it had been up for over an hour, no one had responded.
- Outliers, which I promote constantly, made the case for year round schools.
- Watched a bit of Hard Knocks on HBO (the documentary about preseason training camps, this time with the Cincinnati Bengals.) Former Cowboy Roy Williams was schooled in a drill getting knocked on his back but, after the fact, wasn't even embarrassed by it. Good riddance.
- Woodstock looked like it would have been a beating. I don't do crowds. I don't do mud. I don't do bad music.
- Y.E. Yang, who bested Tiger Woods this weekend and who lives in Southlake, speaks no English.
- Ticket Fans only.
- Yesterday we had Britney in a pink bikini, today we've got a new color. Love that girl.
- Did the ol' slice the thumb with a knife in the kitchen trick last night. But it wasn't too bad.
- Last night was the deadline to sign players from this year's Major League Baseball draft. The first pick signed for a record $15 million. The Rangers failed to sign their high school pick who now heads to TCU. To paraphrase Dale Hansen from many years ago, "The kid needs an education."
- Reader's Digest filed for bankruptcy reorganization. I liked it as a kid, but haven't read it since then (unless I was stuck at a doctor's office.)
- The Obama kids always look like they are having the time of their lives
at 8:17 AM