- The Julia Child's movie with Meryl Streep looks like a beat down.
- It's "Shark Week" on the Discovery Channel. If you stumble across it, you'll be hooked. There's just something about those eating machines that we just love.
- Lady tries to hire hitman to kill husband. Lady ends up talking to undercover cop. Cops stage fake crime scene. Cops film lady being informed husband is dead.
- The new G.I. Joe movie also looked awful in the trailers, and the studio refused to let the film be screened by critics. That's a bad sign.
- Awkward moment yesterday: I tweeted that our office was getting a new sprinkler system and that it sounded "like there's a mariachi band out there" due to the radio. Thirty minutes later I run into the owner of the company who asks me if I'm Barry Green followed by, "What sounds like a mariachi band?" Thank goodness he has a sense of humor (his brother had called him.)
- The crowd of protesters at town hall meetings seem to be 99% white. Why is that?
- Has there been even a single hurricane so far this year?
- The massive repaving of 287 through Rhome is a good thing. The pavement there, for some reason, always seems to crumble like a burned cookie.
- The now federally owned AIG announced a quarterly profit this morning. If the unemployment numbers (announced about the time I'm posting this) would hit the brakes, I think the recession is finally ending.
- I think being a first year teacher would be hard. I mean, once you do it for a few years, you would have it down. But the first year would seem like it would be the equivalent of giving day long first time presentations every day for nine months.
at 8:23 AM