- Remember when I said on Friday that you should think to yourself "enjoy this moment" as you left for a three day weekend?
- Have any of you seen the very shocking Levi's commerciall where the couple has apparently just met at a bar?
- The Hurricane coverage was silly. The mayor of New Orleans called it "the mother of all storms" but this morning a Fox 4 reporter was showing how fierce the storm was by holding up "this strong plastic sign that had been broken in half."
- I had a lady drop a huge Profanity Bomb on me yesterday and she pulled away from a gas station. I think it was something about how I parked but I'm still not sure. I think I stood there for a full minute with Confused Head.
- I do feel kind of bad about posting the pics of the Baylor twirlers. But the photos first appeared on the Waco Tribune web site.
- For years you couldn't miss the Jerry Lewis Telethon if you tried. Now I can go most Labor Day weekends and be completely oblivious to the fact that it is on.
- The Tennessee/UCLA game last night was great. College football trumps all others.
- I'm attending a very delayed Fantasy Football draft tonight in the fair town of Paradise.
- Hey, the guy that does all the movie trailer voices (i.e "One man . . . . ") has died.
- All that tricked up fried stuff at the State Fair (this year's winner is Chicken Fried Bacon) is just dumb.
- I'm about halfway through "The Last Lecture" book which really isn't as moving as I thought it would be. He's almost a little too detached from his tragedy. (But he had an interesting point when he decided to just accept being charged $16.00 too much at a self check-out line. With such a short time to live, he simply didn't want to spend 15 minutes of his life with the hassle to get it back.)
- There are few joys in life as exciting as finding a restaurant with a salsa bar.
- With all the controversy over the pregnant 17 year old daughter of Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin. I had completely missed all the rumors that the daughter may have also given birth to Trig Palin (who the presumptive VP says is her own infant son.) Don't know if it's true, but the Republicans sure don't need all of this distraction during Convention Week.
- And Drudge had a link to the picture of the babydaddy of the newborn-to-be.
- Seeing three ants on my kitchen counter is enough for me to use the equivalent of the nuclear option in killing them.
- What a horrific possibly DWI related wreck in Dallas over the weekend
at 6:56 AM