- I had the worst nightmare last night about the murder of someone from my past. (Complete with being told by law enforcement that the body had been found in a town in West Texas.) Then I'd wake up, realize it was a dream, go back to sleep, and have the dream start right back up again where it left off. It was maddening.
- I actually feel like calling that person up and saying, "you may be in danger." But I don't believe in stuff like that.
- Quick, try and recognize this guy from a 1990s TV show.
- McCain had what seemed like two speeches last night. He started off slow and boring, but did a pretty good job on the back half.
- With both conventions over with, at least we can stop hearing empty promises for Democrats and Republicans.
- I'm not sure what is up with protesters, but some chunky lady last night was able to avoid capture for about 30 seconds by simply walking down the steps.
- You don't see it very often, but a 23 year old was given probation from a jury yesterday in an Intoxication Manslaughter case in Fort Worth. The defense lawyer was Jeffrey Boncek - I don't think I've ever heard of him
- But get this from the victim's father who addressed the defendant in the post-verdict victim impact statement: "Cullens’ father, Philip Cullens, was even harsher, telling Parks he hopes he becomes depressed, starts taking drugs and has his probation revoked so he will be sent to prison. 'You’ll rue the day you killed my son, he said."
- I'm getting the urge to drive across America
- I've never logged on to Facebook and visit MySpace maybe twice a year.
- Google has a new browser, a "docs" site (with a word processor, spreadsheet, and power point equivalent), gMail, and an RSS reader that is second to none. I wonder if there will come a day where we don't buy software packages but simply use applications that are online?
- The Ticket was talking this morning about how beautiful the Cedar Hill area was. They mentioned some pretty big elevation changes in that area south of the metroplex. I had no idea. (I guess I might want to learn the metroplex before I drive across the country.)
- Man, the voter turnout in November is going to be phenomanal. Both sides are fired up.
- But local politics here in Wise County is boring. It's kind of sad that everything was determined back in March.
- I had a client the other day who had a prior conviction for something back in 1991. We both remarked about how long ago 1991 was.
- Saw "Senior 2009" written on a back windshield in Decatur yesterday. Oh, my.
- Speaking of shoe polish writing, I saw a giggly young couple go into a convenience store last Saturday, buy shoe polish, scribble something (with much care) on their back windshield, and drive off hurriedly down the highway. I had to get a look. "Just Engaged," it read.
at 7:03 AM