- It seems Mark Cuban fired Avrey over the phone. Stay classy.
- Fox 4's Megan Henderson looks extremely hot this morning. (And there are new T-shirts with her image on them.)
- The trooper killed in East Texas (and who left behind a five month old baby) was shot (allegedly) by a former cop.
- The commercials for the ant killer, which try to recreate youtube videos of projects gone bad, are not funny and poorly produced.
- Fox 4 just told me there are now 40 million Hispanics in the country (or 15%). In Texas, they make up 36%. This will be the last day those numbers/percentages are that "small".
- Today is the five year anniversary of "Mission Accomplished." Uh, not so much.
- Speaking of W, did you see his Jessica Simpson joke yesterday as the NY Giants visited the White House? He had that weird smirk which we haven't seen in a while.
- I've begun to watch In The Valley of Elah. So far, it's great.
- I'm 80% through with the 30 hour audio book, The Fountainhead. I don't think I "get it."
- LBJ's presidential recordings from 1968 will be released today. If you've ever heard excerpts of some of the previous releases, give 'em try. He was smooth but, man, he could bear down on someone to get what he wanted.
- Saw a brief moment of Deal Or No Deal last night. That show is like a bullet to the brain.
- Matt Lauer is in Istanbul, Turkey. (But the intro of Meredith, Al, and Ann screaming "Where in the world is Matt Lauer?" is getting very irritating.)
- Don't see any updates in the Star Telegram about the bad wreck yesterday at the Devon Energy plant.
- I almost ran over lawyer Mike Simpson on the courthouse square this morning.
at 6:34 AM