- I don't think I recall a wildfire burning for four days in Texas like we have to the west.(But I do remember a really bad one around the Parker/Wise County border several years back that went on for a couple of days.)
- It is kind of ironic for Gov. Perry to basically run on an anti-federal government/State's rights platform, but is mighty quick to ask the government for federal aid in wake of the fires.
- You would think one of those smart cars would blow over in this wind.
- I didn't go to the Main Street Arts Festival in downtown Fort Worth this weekend but that had to be like a wind tunnel.
- Nicolas Cage was arrested over the weekend, but it was pretty funny when some gossip web sites used this book-in photo from Raising Arizona.
- Success of the weekend: I managed to drill three drainage holes in the bottom of a ceramic pot without shattering it.
- Failure of the weekend: Mrs. LL's hard drive on her laptop gave up the ghost. Recovery install wouldn't work. And pulling it out and trying to access it as an external drive allowed it to be recognized but not read. Now New Hard Drive vs. New Laptop decision time.
- I don't care about the NBA or Kobe Bryant, but I'm fascinated by this hi def screenshot of when he almost got injured yesterday.
- I didn't realize that Wise County would be the largest county in the new proposed Texas House District 88. And speculation has already begun regarding potential candidates. Who is the Wise County Republican Party Chairman again? Oh, yeah.
- The Update finally mentions the new district in today's issue.
- Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps has a new goatee and is killin' it in a Vegas pool.
- Wrong way head on collision in Grapevine last night. How no one died is amazing.
- Any of you Northside hanger-outers familiar with Randy Rostetter who died in a freak DWI incident as he was walking home? Edit: Picture.
- A prosecutor calling you with "new information" about a pending case is normally very, very good or very, very bad. And it doesn't matter how good an investigation was, something always seems to come up when one is headed to trial.
- After two experiences of looking like we'll never be seated and leaving, we finally went back to Fogatas on Friday evening. I think we were seated in the bar area where one guy was playing live music. #AlwaysGetWorstTable. (But there was absolutely no wait which is not a good sign.)
- Mrs. LL disassembled a great deal of a shower in a massive cleaning project. The reassembling part has become a massive construction project. And I'm pretty sure we've got every type of tub, tile, caulk, and general goo remover known to man up there.
- Sports Illustrated estimated that the government's pursuit of Barry Bonds cost $6 million and that was before the trial began. Talk about government waste.
at 8:34 AM