- That National Championship game last night was sloppy but still pretty exciting. (Maybe it's not the best idea to make the teams wait six weeks since their last game.)
- Brent Musburger before the final game winning kick: "This is for all the Tostitos!" (Groan.) Even Mrs. LL looked up from her e-Reader and fired off a "Did he just say that?"
- TCU finishes #2 in both the final AP Poll and the final Coach's poll.
- Sounds like a weird trial last week in Wise County where a guy was found not guilty of failing to register as a sex offender. Two of the jurors said it wasn't their verdict when the jury first came back with the Not Guilty verdict and, when sent back to deliberate further, there was audible shouting coming from the jury room.
- Glenn Beck website screwup yesterday. Funny.
- Boy, the Right Wing talk show hosts were on the defense yesterday proclaiming that their rhetoric has nothing to do with violence in this country. It's the first time I've ever heard them tell us that what they say actually means nothing at all.
- There was fudge, monkey bread, and cookies in kitchen last night. It's like the Twilight Zone.
- Tom Delay's lawyer said yesterday after this client's three year sentence, "If I told you what I thought I'd get sued." Huh? By whom? For what? (And, by the way, if Tom DeLay actually has to serve his three year sentence, I think his actual time would be around five months.)
- The 2nd Grader in the House will often flamboyantly sing the last word of a sentence. (i.e. "It is deliciousssss!")
- When did Aeropostale become the hipster label of the day?
- Some gal from MTV's "Teen Mom" looks anything but. (I have no idea who she is.)
- Bud Kennedy was banned from a Tea Party meeting in Austin yesterday.
- Mrs. LL is doing well post surgery. The incision spot still hurts but the carpal tunnel pain is already gone. (And, yeah, the other wrist has to be done in a couple of weeks.)
- Why is there a Green Hornet movie when no one cared about the TV series?
at 8:32 AM