- Someone mentioned yesterday that I had made pro gun control comments. I don't think I have.
- Of the eight remaining NFL teams, seven of them are within the top eight in total defense.
- A Fort Worth man was spared from execution at the last minute by the Supreme Court last night. Think that's a bit of an emotional roller coaster?
- Countdown to comment about the emotions of his his victim in three, two . . . .
- The man-with-the-golden-throat got detained after a skirmish. Any one else think he just might be a bad guy?
- I have a client who was a gulf coast fisherman. He came up for a court appearance and brought along with him some fresh shrimp -- for me. On Sunday I shelled them, de-veined them, and boiled them. Fantastic.
- Mrs. LL gets creeped out by their little legs that get pulled off.
- Rush Limbaugh continues to pander to the lowest common denominator: “What [Arizona shooter] Mr. Loughner knows is that he has the full support of a major political party in this country.”
- I'm very content when there are simply no or few problems. I try to actually stop and appreciate the lack of issues.
- The President is headed to Tucson. I'm sure someone will criticize him even for that.
- There was a crazy story out of Austin about two guys on a horse and a mule on Sixth Street getting arrested for DWI on Friday. An Austin PD spokesperson said the DWI definition of a "motor vehicle" is so ambiguous that a horse qualifies. Hmmm. I know that many of our State DAs think that a bicycle would qualify.
- OK, the specific definition of a "motor vehicle" in the Texas Penal Code is "a device in, on, or by which a person or property is or may be transported or drawn on a highway.' Notice that the definition doesn't require a "motor". Even so, I'm not sure a horse or a mule is a "device."
- I hate it when someone say to another, "You would be a good lawyer because you like to argue." There's nothing further from the truth. You have the potential to be a good lawyer if you were actually interested in the last two bullet points.
- I hope it's good parenting to say, "Don't do anything stupid."
at 8:34 AM