- American Airlines charging $15 for the first bag and $25 for the second makes me think they are in trouble. Big trouble. I'm not sure we won't see, gasp, the federal government transform air travel into public transportation in the next 50 years.
- I actually bought a whopping 100 shares of American Airlines stock at $2 a share right after 9/11. Yep, a whole $200! It went up into the $30s and now is back around $6. I never know when to sell.
- Don't care about American Idol. Don't care about American Idol. Don't care about American Idol.
- I had the experience of doing a smell test on my milk this morning only to find it had suddenly gone sour. I hate that moment.
- Steve Curtis Chapman tragedy.
- New York Jets cheerleader tryout page made me disable my pop-up blocker. (And some jokes just write themselves.)
- Watched The Thin Blue Line documentary last night - the story of Randall Dale Adams. I thought it would be great in light of the recent exonerations out of the Dallas DA's office, and I was not disappointed - it was fantastic. But there's been a heck of a lot happen in the case since the film was completed. Edit: Page from Dallas Times Herald about 10 years after conviction.
- Three TCU athletes had their lives ruined last year when they were arrested for Aggravated Sexual Assault. Yesterday, the final case was dismissed. Arrests are thrown around like candy.
- Saw, in the back window of a pickup this morning, the words "Git Ur Dun" that had been placed there with the use of individual letters and a great deal of care. My head almost exploded.
- The biblical story of The Rich Man posted yesterday has fascinated me for years. I asked my pastor hard questions about it 29 years ago. Didn't really like the answers back then either.
- When I was kid, everyone in my neighborhood let their dog run lose. No chains. No fenced back yard. Just let 'em run wild. And they never ran off and never really caused a problem.
- Yeah, we're probably getting ripped off by Big Oil but having Congress drag the oil company execs in for hearing of sound bites is silly and a waste of time.
- Glanced at our district court stats yesterday: It looks like one out of every three cases is drug related.
- The Decatur baseball team has a game in Abilene of Friday night and the on Saturday afternoon. I presume they are spending the night.
- Those Tommy Lee Jones ad for "Friends of the Barnett Shale" (or something like that) is weird.
- Odd note: "The San Antonio Spurs spent Monday night aboard their chartered 727 at the airport in New Orleans after winning a semifinal game over the New Orleans Hornets, according to ESPN.com. The plane was grounded by mechanical difficulties, there were no hotel rooms available in the city and the team had to wait for a replacement plane to arrive."
- Edit: I called a prosecutor an "idiot" a couple of days when he/she mad a post on her blog lumping "Nigerian Prosecutors" into one negative lot. Surprise. Surprise. It's now gone.
at 10:08 PM