- The HBO election movie, Recount, which debuts May 25th looks really good.
-Crazy shooting at a Roanoke hotel (didn't realize there was a hotel there), but I'm not sure an arrest was necessary. But in this day and time, if a death is involved, regardless of whether it's an accident, someone's going to jail. Note to self: Don't take pants off to go swimming in the middle of the night with handgun left in said pants.
- I've beaten that Ralph Hardy thing to death, but I love stuff like that.
- A double amputee from South Africa will compete in the Olympics if he can beat a 45.55 second time in the 400 meters race. Have you seen those "specially-adapted carbon fibre blades" that he runs on? I think, with practice, a guy can run faster on those things than with legs.
- That Brian Loncar story below, based upon the updates after I linked to it, turned out to be pretty bad. (And I just saw one of his commercials on Channel 4 at 6:44 a.m. - "When speed is what you need.")
- Put a soft drink can in the freezer, and it'll be cool in a matter of minutes. Put a plastic bottle in there, and it takes forever.
- For the last few months, the Sunday Dallas Morning News has been putting the circulars in separate plastic wrapping. Makes throwing it away very easy.
- I watched Grizzly Man again this weekend. Good times.
- I drove through Silver Lakes Ranch in Wise County this weekend. I had never heard of it until Chief Deputy Doug Whitehead told me about it. They say the development has about 20+ miles of roadways in it. I believe it. I feel sorry for the deputy that has to respond to a call out there.
- Saw gas in several places at $3.79.
- Double take headline from this morning's DMN: "Man riding Moped on Dallas freeway dies." Fail.
- I'm not sure what the Legends of Fighting is, but I swore I saw this happen at the end of Rocky II.
- Watched a little bit of the CMA's last night. I didn't recognize Carrie Underwood. Taylor Swift had a crazy act where her hoodie and jeans were torn off. Garth Brooks beat me down like he did 10 years ago. Brooks and Dunn appeared for the 75th year in a row. I think Reba McEntire fakes that accent.
- Boyd's Greg "The Hammer" Williams was on Steve Doocy's sports show last night. He looked good. Didn't tell us much other than admitting to "illegal drug use" and kind of implied he'd be back on the radio soon.
- Pushing 100 degrees today? Remember this less than 75 days ago?
at 10:23 PM