- I've started a new book: Jon Krakauer's Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith. A true crime book with a look at the Mormon faith. I love that author, and I've got to study up on what makes Romney tick.
- I watched the end of the Heat/Thunder game last night. LeBron suffered cramps and came out of the game as the Thunder tied it up. He then came off the bench, hit a three, and then went back to the bench. Even if he had had a compound fracture, he had to at least try. LaDanian Tomlinson still is haunted for not coming back in the game after an "injury" during a Chargers' game.
- I'd like to see a chart of the number of jobs held by travel agents and stockbrockers over the last 15 years.
- The Shiner dad who killed the man allegedly molesting his daughter was no-billed by the grand jury yesterday -- the most predictable news ever. But I haven't heard a single news organization question what proof there was of the molestation.
- The Fan's Gavin Dawson last night said he thought Ranger announcer Dave Barnett's strange fifth-base-robbery-henchman comment was just a flub and that the migraine headache story was just a cover. What an idiot.
- When Mrs. LL resent her passport in for the name change because the government screwed it up the first time, it was reissued and received back within seven days.
- Fox 4 had two cops in studio last night to demonstrate how those spike strips are used to stop someone evading the police. I thought that would be a failed bit, but it was fairly interesting.
- Actor Nick Stahl went missing last month, was found, and now has gone missing again.
- The defense calling Jerry Sandusky's wife to the stand serves no purpose. And she may be in as much denial as he is.
- Bridgeport coach and former Chico head coach is going to Alvord to be defensive coordinator.
- I'm not sure what reality show was on my TV last night, but I think Mrs. LL has a crush on Jenny McCarthy.
- Not much of a mention of Juneteenth yesterday.
- Update can be found here if you are having trouble this morning finding it. (All Chico high school students are receiving iPads? I'm beginning to think there is some country wide Apple conspiracy going on.)
at 8:33 AM